Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger Crashing & Using Lots of Battery When Not in Use

(Topic created on: 24-05-2023 09:30 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
First of all I don't use Dual Messenger, at least I think I don't unless I don't fully understand it's function. When you go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Dual Messenger this is what you see on my phone.

Go to the top right hamburger menu and go to about Dual Messenger. Then on the next page select the "i" icon at the top right and you are then brought to this page below.

6% of my battery has been used since I last fully charged. I charged to 100% last night and I'm now currently at 40% so this app has depleted the battery 6% out of a total 60%, or in other words 10% of my total battery usage since it was charged. Thats insane. 

I would likely never have come across this if it wasn't for Dual Messenger randomly crashing in the background yesterday leading me to look into the app. Is anyone able to check theirs to see if it shows anything similar?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
So I cleared the cache and changed it to restricted in the battery usage. Charged my phone to 100%, waited til just recently to check it when my battery was 46% and it showed 5% battery use since last full charge which is pretty much exactly the same as last time. I can't put it into sleep, it's not an option, probably because it's part of the UI and not technically an app.

Found a page on Samsung's website which says that "Dual Messenger lets you send and recieve messages from two different accounts on the same messaging app. Dual Messenger creates a duplicate app, making it easy to keep your work and personal messages separate on the same device."

So the issue I'm having with this is mainly down to why is it using any battery at all when I do not use the function. I don't have multiple messaging accounts on any app and even if I did I don't make use of it so why is it apparently hogging about 10% of my daily battery use?
Screenshot_20230525_170507_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230525_221548_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Alexandru15
First Poster
Options

if you never use dual messenger and don't plan to then you can disable it via adb with command:
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.samsung.android.da.daagent
 note that you may still see dual messenger in advanced features list but in fact there is just the menu without the app itself.

PS: you can always restore it back with command: 
adb shell cmd package install-existing --user 0 com.samsung.android.da.daagent

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for the info, its been a while since I checked so i'm unsure if this is still the case or not. Its currently showing 0% battery used but that's probably because my phone is at 99% battery currently.
0 Likes