Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disney + redemption date

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 07:23 AM)
Streekie73
Apprentice
Options

I bought a s23 ultra on 15th feb 23, with 6 months free disney+. I generated a code and was given code stating "code to redeem before 11th June 2023". Yet terms and conditions and FAQs says 

The Disney+ Code is redeemable until 23:59 BST on 1 April 2024.

Does anyone know why?. 

If T&Cs say 1 April 24 then that's what it should be surely.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes I think you need to redeem your code by the 1 April 2024.
But if you have redeemed the code, then you have until 11 Juse 2023 to use it.
Once you redeem it, it's got a time limit to use it

I nearly got caught out by this myself.
Streekie73
Apprentice
Options
But in the FAQs. Also says
What if I already have Disney+?

-

You can still take advantage of the subscription from Samsung by managing your existing Disney+ account: 1 – Generate your code to ensure you don’t miss out (you have until 1st April 2024 to use it and it stays here on Boost waiting for you).
That's why I generated code, but haven't redeemed it yet.

0 Likes
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Streekie73. I appreciate you reaching out to us about the expiry date of your Disney+ code. Indeed, your code is redeemable until 1st April, 2024. For clarity, however, please can you confirm where you saw the reference to 11th June, 2023?

Furthermore, please can you let me know whether you have reached out to Disney+'s Support Team to check when the code expires?

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I find the wording somewhat nebulous.
There have been some posts on this forum from those that thought the same, but when they tried to use it. The code had expired.
Probably best advice is to Disney plus customer support.
My terms and conditions said similar last year. I phoned to find out, and the later date was the date to generate the code by.
Once generated, it has a time limit.
Streekie73
Apprentice
Options
The 11th June redemption date was on my samsung boost account above the code. No I haven't contacted Disneyplus.
0 Likes
Solution
HajniG
Journeyman
Options
Hey, I am sure you have time until 1st April 2024. The 11th June 2023 deadline was true for previous promos, probably the site shown that to you by mistake or sg. They have to honour the T&Cs on the site.
Streekie73
Apprentice
Options
As HajniG says the 11th June date was for a previous 6 month free deal when you bought the S22 series phones.
As shown in T&Cs for that deal.
"The Disney+ Code is redeemable until 11 June 2023 (by 23.59 BST)"
So don't know why it has that date on mine.
0 Likes