Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted Media after Android Update S23 Ultra March 2023

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 12:23 AM)
Mizamook
Apprentice
Options

Last night I was playing with the camera.  Used Expert RAW, and had some pretty cool shots.  Not the end of the world to lose them, but what really really bugs me quite a lot is media corruption/loss of any type, especially on a brand-new device (less than a week old).

The only thing I can think of is that the update, which I was ignoring since last night, and let it do its thing this morning, scrambled the photos.  And videos.  I have no media I can use or seem to recover right now.

Upon researching it a bit "Samsung corrupted photos" I find this is not unusual.  Well, I had a Galaxy S9 for the last 4 or 5 years, and this never happened.  (And I was using the onboard storage).  So this S23 Ultra has no SD card, so it's not me, or a corrupted card.  Is the phone already dead?   

Moments like this really bother me.

Details: One UI version 5.1, Android version 13, (is anything else helpful?)

Did anyone else have a similar fun party on their media recently, resulting in catastrophic loss?  Because if this is the new way of things, this phone is going back.

5 REPLIES 5
Guy Fawkes
Apprentice
Options

I am facing a similar situation and Samsung has not been helpful at all.  Woke up a few days ago while traveling on holiday and my gallery was completely empty. The "tech support" I called seemed more confused than me.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I would check the sync settings in your gallery app, I suspect it's either not logged in or syncing to the wrong account?
0 Likes
Mizamook
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but I wasn't syncing at all.  My internet is too slow/dodgy and my files are too large.  So I don't sync ANY media to the cloud.

Mizamook
Apprentice
Options

How unpleasant!  For now I'm backing up anything I care about daily, which is a pain.  Should not be necessary.  FWIW, I had to wipe/re-configure the device, which of course necessitated a new update.  This time I was prepared, but, even so, the photos and videos I had on the phone were fine after.  It's a mystery glitchy thing.  Vigilance is required, always.

0 Likes
Darell02
First Poster
Options

I have same experience bro! Question? Did you retrieve your files?

0 Likes