Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging time since update for samsubg s23

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 10:05 PM)
sssam
Journeyman
Options
I have noticed since I did an update few days back the charging is taking much longer.

For example, my phone had around 21% and when I initially plugged in it said charge would take 1hr 6 mins, its now been 1hr 6 mins and charge is at 87%

It says superfast charger connected when I look at battery. The phone and charger came together from currys and the superfast charge has always been fine up until this update.

Any advice?
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S24 Ultra can charge up to 45w.

If you're using a 25w charger, then of course it will take longer to charge than a 45w one.

Whether you NEED to buy another charger depends on you. If you are happy with you charging speed then no. If it is a deal breaker then maybe yes. Only you can answer that.

But two things explain why your device is taking longer to charge.
1. You're using a lower wattage charger,
2. You were using the device whilst charging
Both will result in longer charging times
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As for as I know.

The charger and cable both have to support the 25 watts if my memory serves me right ( could be wrong).

Also fast charging is only good for I think upto 60% or something withing the first half an hour. Then it will slow charge to protect the battery or overheating the phone ( this could be one of the reasons yours might charge slower) if its warm where you are.

I personally charge overnight so don't really bother about the charge speeds.

Also the s24 umtr is quiet the battery beast so not to worried even if I forget to charge overnight I get a quick boost to upto 60%-80% and I am good for the day.
0 Likes
sssam
Journeyman
Options
Thanks my phone is s23
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The S23 Ultra charges a little faster to 100% than the S24 Ultra from my own testing. Charge time does seem affected by the cold conditions I've found. If room temperatures are low, charge time can heavily be affected. Under normal conditions, you should expect a little over an hour from 21% to 100%
0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options
I've noticed my S23U charging is slower too but I thought it is because I have like 12C in room and battery requires like 20C for faster charge speed
0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options
If you have 25W charger then it charges about 5 mins slower than 45W from 0% to 100% according to youtube tests
0 Likes
Lex1970
Pioneer
Options
I only charge my S23 Ultra to 85 percent to preserve battery life and using a lower wattage charger is better for your battery
0 Likes