Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life Since June Update

(Topic created on: 23-06-2023 12:32 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have compared the estimated Battery life of my phone since the June update

As noted previously my battery life and charging were negatively affected after a May update but seem to have been fixed in the June update

Just using the phone I have noticed the phone now lasts a lot linger and the superfast charging has started working properly again

In my previous post a user asked "Why would you want to keep a flagship phone where the battery life reduces?" As I wasn't concerned about the slow charging I said "I'm confident it will be fixed in an update"

Prior to the June update the estimated life was 11hrs 36mins

After the June update the estimated life is now 13hrs 48mins

For reference I think the estimates are very conservative I e I went to bed last night at 30% charge and got up at 25% charge about 8hrs

There is Around a 20% Increase in battery life in my phone following the June update but actually using the phone feels considerably better than 20%

I will try to do a like for like comparison in charging time to compared with a previous post where I monitored charging at various stages but as a quick reference when fast charging my battery went from 25% to 50% charge charge in 17min (25w Charger). The irony here is I'll have to wait a lot longer for my phone to drop to 25% charge😊

I'll update with figures when I run my next real world charging test

I hope this information is useful

10 REPLIES 10
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
What s23 model do you have
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Thanks for sharing, I'm still waiting for the June update on s23 ultra
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
S23 Ultra 512gb
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Try updating your apps from galaxy store and Google play store then check in your settings for phone updates
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Ahh ok maybe see if any apps needs updating like Paul mentioned.

If last resort maybe clear cache partition if anyone can give a hand the steps thanks I forgot I did it yesterday lol
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To wipe cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah I'm still yet to get the June update, hope it don't happen to me getting worser battery life
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
My issues seemed to happen shortly after the May update, which didn't affect everyone, but seem to have been corrected in the June update and the phone now is even better
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Okay hopefully so.