Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery drain

(Topic created on: 04-11-2023 04:15 PM)
stevie75
Pioneer
Options
Hi all, I updated the phone (s23 ultra) to one ui 6 and since update the battery drains quicker than normal, has anyone else noticed since update ? 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
I have the same problem after the update on the s23+
stevie75
Pioneer
Options
Hope samsung sort it out with one of them monthly patch updates
0 Likes
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
Well, it's been happening a long time now every update seems to drain the batter.
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Sometimes, if not usually the case, after an update, it takes a couple of days for your phone's performance to be optimised.
I was registered to the One UI 4.0 Android beta programme, and I can say, for a fact, that the battery life was amazing. So the stable version you are on shouldn't be any different...
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
As said before it can take time to settle. As well you can run the app to optimise it (sorry can't remember the name of it, diagnostic or something like that)
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I think One UI 6 is a little more demanding on battery than One UI 5.1 was. But it hasn't been too significant a drop
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Battery drain of course depends on how you use your device.

But to rectify the issue, I would perform a wipe partition cache first to see if that resolved things.
stevie75
Pioneer
Options
Thank you everyone for your replies, I will see what it's like after a couple weeks
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @stevie75. Sometimes, after a major software update, it can help to Wipe the cache partition on your phone. This won't delete any of your important files but can delete some of the files residing in the cache that might contribute to some battery drain.

I'd recommend looking at the thread below and following the steps outlined by @JAMES4578:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/samsung-galaxy-s23-lagging/m-p/8343522

Please also ensure that all of your apps are fully updated via the Google Play Store and Galaxy Store. Doing this is particularly important after a software update.

Let us know how you get on, please. 👍