Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-04-2024 03:21 PM)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
457 REPLIES 457
jmscaramal
Explorer
Options

Hi all.. I tried every suggestion here and nothing had solved my problem (s23). Even the latest update from May. 

So finally, after a lot of reluctance, I decided to do a full wipe on it (factory reset with the option of erasing everything.). It costed some time to do all the backups (photos mainly), but in the  end the issue is solved for me. No more battery drain. 

0 Likes
Members_8jSYWRF
First Poster
Options

Yes your right am facing the same issue

0 Likes
Bobson23456
Pathfinder
Options

For more than a month I can use my S23+ for around 10hrs medium use. The same I had with my S21FE.

Samsung answered me yesterday they don't know anything about any problems and I should so a factory reset.

I if would be easier I would switch all my devices for apples asap!

0 Likes
SK730
First Poster
Options
I have also experienced this! It must be the update as my phone battery was amazing before! I used to brag about it and now after the last update it has dropped +40% expected battery life!! It's disgraceful. I haven't changed or started using my phone anymore or less and regularly complete health checks and restart it. Still having these issues! It used to say 22-24 hours battery life and now it says 13-14 THAT IS TEN HOURS DROP FOR NO REASON! Samsung need to fix this ASAP.
ck51
Explorer
Options

my battery life was cut in half . keep getting g warnings to restart because an app or service is using too much cpu . never had that once in the last year now it's several times a day

0 Likes
Bobson23456
Pathfinder
Options

There are already customers who think their new device is a faulty one because of that error Samsung doesn't know🤣🤣

I could really use my normal battery for my holiday now...

Otherwise I would say it's really funny how stupid it can get

0 Likes
Members_pAsNoxZ
First Poster
Options

#Victim!

0 Likes
Sams30
Explorer
Options

Report this problem to Samsung Teams they will resolve ur issue at the earliest I really appreciate that you have kept issue in the group that will alert everyone.

0 Likes
Members_Fqqs9DH
First Poster
Options

First time posting on a forum...

Like jmscaramal, I have tried every suggestion.

Even after the hassle of manually backing up stuff and wiping my S23U, the battery drain problem only got better, but didn't completely solve it. Battery life is nowhere near what it was before 6.1.

Thank you Samsung for bricking my +1000€ flagship phone with a software update and wasting my time by making me tinker with it for hours.

I think I've got your point and I'll gladly switch to another brand.