Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-04-2024 03:21 PM)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
499 REPLIES 499
amirjavaheri
Journeyman
Options

Previously, the battery charge of 100% lasted for almost 10 minutes. Now, after 10 minutes, the battery drains to 95%. If I find out that Samsung is doing this on purpose to compel users to switch to the S24 Ultra, I will definitely consider other brands.

0 Likes
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

It doesn't matter, if they do it on purpose. It happened, and they are neither fixing it or mentioning it. Customer service is ignoring it.

I can't wait for my next iPhone Flagship

avenmore
First Poster
Options

I have installed the June update and am running a test. Immediately after installing it I cleared the cache from the recovery menu. Then I disabled battery protection and ultra-fast charged to 100%. This was on 17 June at 8am, it is now 20 June 2pm, so 3 days, 6hrs - my phone has just alerted me that it is below 15%. So it's looking good, but note that I use my phone very lightly and my experience with this problem was that it was worse on some days, so will keep an eye on it.

0 Likes
Options

Don't worry when the S25 Ultra comes out they will screw up the S24 Ultra and then fix the S23 Ultra.

Bjbw
First Poster
Options
I experienced this in particular the last 15% meant about 5mins. Full factory reset after June 2024 Security Patch has completely fixed it
0 Likes
63marco
First Poster
Options
We are all suffering from the same .. any answers
0 Likes
David99999
Explorer
Options

Update fixed: I've already posted on this thread with the same issue as everyone else. 

At first I tried everything including a factory reset in 6.1 and it didn't work. 

Then I downloaded to 6.0 which fixed it. But after many months I say one user on this thread say it appears to be fixed. So I tried again. 

I upgraded to 6.1 again, then there were I think 3 more security patches afterwards. The battery life is maybe 80% of what it used to be. So Samsung definitely did fix it. 

My wife has a pixel and so far has never had any battery issues. Samsung never actually acknowledged the issue and took 6 months to fix it. I think I will be trying pixel for my next device.

rollin1227
First Poster
Options

So this problem is still ongoing, I didn't notice it until more recently, only because I'm forced to spend a decent amount of time on my phone now for work. I'm noticing after 2 hours, I'm down to 50 percent. It's a Sunday, I'm at home, it's about 12pm, phones only been unplugged for maybe 4 hours, it's at 43 percent, with minimal usage. I've had the power saving feature always on as of late too, that does absolutely nothing. Anyone ever get their battery issue resolved?

Bobson23456
Voyager
Options

I'm for months now on this (S23+). Factory Reset didn't do nothing, Samsung want it to sent in for repair.

Today I call with Samsung: they don't know any Problem.

Can still send it back to Amazon - but what's the alternative? S24+? Then next year same issue ...

0 Likes
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

My phone offered me a new update today (Europe). Anyone knows if it worsens? I got a phobia towards clicking Update 😰🥵🤒

0 Likes