Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 09-04-2024 06:25 AM)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
499 REPLIES 499
S230808
Student
Options

I updated today. Because i was busy I used my phone less than normal. After the update I checked 2 text only emails and the phone was almost too hot to touch. I restarted it and that seemed to fix the issue. 

Hiwever, with my normal use, at this time of day (2018hrs) I would have about 45% battery life left. I am currently sitting at 25%. My Samsung S23 Ultra is less than a year old so this needs to be fixed now. I have attached a comparison. Yesterday by thus time I had used more than 3 hours more screen time mostly YouTube. Today was mostly emails and text with one 40 minute podcast. 

1000044776.jpg

1000044777.jpg

TheJJParker
Student
Options

I have the Galaxy S23 Ultra and my battery life just dropped by what must be at least 70%. I have the same routine every day and usually have 50ish% left by now, but my phone hit 2% an hour ago.

TheJJParker
Student
Options

The One UI 6.1's AI stuff is  not worth me not having reliable battery life. My Galaxy S23 Ultra is dying over twice as fast as normal. I have a standard routine, so I'm confident that my battery life is well below half of what it was just a week ago.

aalhelaly
Journeyman
Options
Same here.. if Samsung did it deliberately i will never buy anything that has Samsung name on it again
ShazB07
Helping Hand
Options
I have exactly the same battery problems as you! Frustrating as hell. #SG23Ultra
KP_76
Voyager
Options

Battery life isn't the best. However, I feel the phone is much better experience since One UI 6.1. 

I'm personally not fussed about how much screen on time I get. I tend to charge my phone once a day and that's enough for me rather than focusing on screen on time figures, which becomes an unhealthy focus otherwise. 

However, if you are charging your phone more than once a day now without much use, then that is concerning and I hope Samsung are able to fix this for you.

0 Likes
Members_LzMpj9Q
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.  Battery drains so fast and the phone heats quickly.  I've put some apps in deep sleep mode to prevent them from running on background.  The navigation swipe is also a disaster!

I hope Samsung will fix the battery problem soon 😞

Coll2577
Apprentice
Options

The battery has been terrible since the update to UI6.1 on the S23 Ultra. I was getting a full day from 85% charge now charging the phone twice a day. I hope the fix is quick as it will shorten the overall health of the battery. 

Hasan Enver
Student
Options

I have bought my Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra 3 months ago and I have paid 1.400€. I was really happy with the battery life.After the One UI 6.1 update the battery drains very fast.I hope SAMSUNG will fix this urgently. We dont buy these gadget's for free !!!

gill44444444
First Poster
Options
Same. My s23 plus looses battery at triple the speed since April 7th 2024. Also charging it with the fast charger takes 3 times as long. Better be fixed next few days or I'm never buying samsung again.