Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 06:13 PM)
ryder2012
Journeyman
Options
So I got the s23 ultra and smartswitched all my data over from my s20 5g. Everything was working fine, the two apps I'm having an issue with worked fine.

Then boom, teeny system update on the 3rd and my tide business banking app and grindr no longer work. 

They both crash immediately back to the he screen, tried giving unrestricted battery, deleting and reinstalling, force stopping and clearing cache but nothing has worked yet. 

Any ideas anyone?
31 REPLIES 31
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you checked for app updates ?? As moving apps from an older phone could result in some problems.
You could uninstall the offending apps. Reboot and then reinstall them again.
0 Likes
ryder2012
Journeyman
Options
I tried that, they worked perfectly fine until the system update last night.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When you uninstalled the app from the phone did you also go into your Playstore and MyLibrary and delete it there too ?

This way you'll get a fresh install and not the one held in your library @ryder2012 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ryder2012
Journeyman
Options
I'll give it a go in a little while. Current doing g code for 3d printers lol
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Also consider trying the method mentioned in > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series. 

0 Likes
ryder2012
Journeyman
Options
Ok so not sure how to delete from play store or library. Also your link goes to a "page doesn't exist" message
0 Likes
ryder2012
Journeyman
Options
I unistalled it via play store, seems to have deleted everything and reinstalled it. Same issue, grindr works up to the login, once logged in it crashes immediately
0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

Does everything look good under permissions for those apps? And there aren't any settings in device care blocking them? If so probably all you can do is send the app developer feedback from the Google Play page and wait for them to update. You can do the same for Samsung but my guess is the developer would be quicker to fix whatever bug is causing this.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ryder2012 

The link I added.does lead to a forum thread so I'm nkt sure why it's not opening for you.

It suggests >

Screenshot_20230304_181907_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes