Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Auto - Citroen - S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 07:44 PM)
eaz5
Apprentice
Options

Following the recent software update for the S23 Ultra, android auto has completely stopped working with my Citroen van - it had been working fine before the update.

After trying multiple different cables and reinstalling the android auto app, I decided today to contact Citroen regarding the issue and I was informed that Samsung have taken the decision to no longer support android auto on Citroen (and I presume Peugeot, Vauxhall/Opel) vehicles. Can anybody at Samsung or any s23 owners confirm if they are having the same problems with Android Auto with their Citroen?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Wow, i was going to say the best thing to do is an Android Auto clear data, cache, uninstall, reinstall, and try.

Seems very odd to drop a brand, unless link BMW they are greedy and want to charge you for it.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
I have a vauxhall car and it works on mine ok
0 Likes
eaz5
Apprentice
Options

To confirm, this is with a S23U and following the recent software update?

0 Likes
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
Correct
0 Likes
eaz5
Apprentice
Options

Ok thanks. I did call Samsung support who have denied any knowledge of what Citroen told me (I was only presuming (if true) that it will be the same for Vauxhall as Citroen as they're the same group). The Samsung rep I spoke to is blaming google and telling me to contact them now 😕

0 Likes
AaronPhones
Pioneer
Options
@eaz5 Please try to reconnect it to your citroën through Android Auto Settings.

For support, please view the Citroën Support at:

https://www.citroen.co.uk/tools/contact-us.html
MickJG
Explorer
Options
I've got a 22 plate Citroen Despatch Van, works very well with my Android Auto wireless dongle (Carsifi). In fact it works a lot better than the cable connection, so highly recommended from me if you fancy an alternative to using a cable.

I'm on the latest S23U firmware, I'll plug the cable in tomorrow and check it works, but I can't see it not working.

Solution
eaz5
Apprentice
Options

I tried that and 100 other things with no luck until I stumbled across a suggested solution on the Android Auto/Google community - it suggested factory resetting the headunit in the van and reinstalling AA and it's worked.

eaz5
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Mick. As I mention in my last message, I ended up factory resetting the headunit in the van and it's now working. Searching the google/android auto community, there appears to be lots of issues with the S23U and AA and 100s of possible solutions, it's just a case of finding the right one for you. Touch wood, all is good now.