Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A Question Regarding The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra And 5G

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 04:34 PM)
Members_ugrwmE2
Student
Options

This query is targeted more towards those who have had multiple Samsung phones over the years. As I feel they would be more equipped to answer this.

This is about 5G and the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. To give you the TLDR, I am considering a purchase of this phone and I am wondering if it is more efficient at handing the 5G tech now, over my current Samsung Phone.

Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and OH BOY does that phone chug battery power to run on 5G. It's so thirsty on 5G that I have to always use quick charging with it, plugging it into anything that charges less will just slowly drain the battery, instead of charge it. The phone came out at the turn of the new technology, so I suppose inefficiencies are expected initially at the start.

So I am here to ask if the newer Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is possibly more power efficient at using 5G, particularly with charging... Is this phone not as thirsty at using it, when compared with my current one?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The software and the Snapdragon chipset as a whole do a remarkable job with battery life.
I'm regularly getting a minimum of a day. Sometimes upto two full days.
I don't use any battery saving features at all.

I get what you are saying though.
My Note 10+ used to be thirsty and I used to turn off the 5G.
Note 20 Ultra was better. But 5G is much more widely available now. So there will be a lot less searching for a signal.
But I think the software is smart enough to save when the required signal is not available.

But modern phones now are very good

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It is more efficient in all aspects, I find, over the previous models. I now have 5g enabled all the time whereas it was always disabled to save power 

Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The software and the Snapdragon chipset as a whole do a remarkable job with battery life.
I'm regularly getting a minimum of a day. Sometimes upto two full days.
I don't use any battery saving features at all.

I get what you are saying though.
My Note 10+ used to be thirsty and I used to turn off the 5G.
Note 20 Ultra was better. But 5G is much more widely available now. So there will be a lot less searching for a signal.
But I think the software is smart enough to save when the required signal is not available.

But modern phones now are very good
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
I have the s23ultra and can't fault it the battery life in comparison to other Samsung I have owned S7,S8,S21ultra is on another level I'm getting two days use even with heavy use I get well over a day and half I am sure you will be happy
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Members_ugrwmE2 

Having 5G activated and using a 5G connection will use more battery however technology has come on leaps and bounds with optimisation so I'd expect the Samsung s²³ series of phone's to perform better.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_ugrwmE2
Student
Options

Thanks all, everything you've said has been very helpful!

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think a lot will depend on the 5g band being broadcasted and your signal strength. The S21U was rated by some as the best 5g device and I would rate the S23U as a step up from the S21U. My personal opinion is the S23U maintains a stronger signal than other phones, I find this in remote areas when others I'm with who are on the same network have no signal but my S23U has at least a couple of bars so they end up using my phone as a hotspot. I'm not saying it's perfect but credit where it's due 😔 Hope this helps
0 Likes