Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless charging

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 04:51 PM)
PaulWatson
Explorer
Options
Does anyone know if wireless charging will damage the phone ?? I have the Samsung wireless trio and wanted to use that as my main charger at night as it will charge my phone, my watch and my buds at same time , my only concern is whether or not it would damage my phones battery 

Any information would be appreciated 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've been wireless charging for around 4 years now. No damage to any of my Samsung devices. I don't tend to use fast wireless charge as I charge over night.
PaulWatson
Explorer
Options
Thanks for your response , I may switch off fast wireless charge and do it that way , really appreciate you taking the time to responde to me 😊
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PaulWatson Should be fine, whilst Wireless charging can generate more heat the Trio is not very fast anyway.  Personally I only  use wireless charging occasionally mind you. Some information here https://www.androidauthority.com/wireless-charging-battery-health 

A review of the Charging Trio for anyone else who may be interested https://techbuyguide.com/product-reviews/is-samsung-wireless-charger-trio-2020-worth-it-review/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

PaulWatson
Explorer
Options
Thanks so much will have a little read , thanks for taking the time to responde to me , I'm a total novice of samaung always was apple before 😃
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
No prob, I have puchased a few Apple products in a previous life and am aware of both Systems.😀 very much a Samsung enthusiast now though .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PaulWatson 

The phone's are manufactured and have specs to charge via wireless charging or plugging into a wall outlet or computer etc and will stop at 100% or 85% if you choose that setting in your phone and then will trickle charge to keep the phone to that % of charge.

I use Samsung Wireless Chargers that have not let me down.

If you decide to use a 3rd party charger then check on it's specifications and other user / tech blog reviews.

You'll be fine charging this way.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "