Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a phone bought in the USA work in the UK

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 11:12 AM)
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I want to buy a Samsung phone whilst I'm in the USA,  it will be unlocked,  it's the s22 ultra. 

Will it work in the UK, and will the Samsung wallet work.

Will a UK power supply adapter work with the USA phone, 

Thank you in an advance 
14 REPLIES 14
idlE
Explorer
Options
I think is gonna work perfectly
0 Likes
ShibuyaBen
Explorer
Options
Should be fine, check

willmyphonework.net

I hope this helps.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung pay will not work for sure!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @leicesterMan ,

as @WelshPaul advised you, Samsung pay and other apps won't work here, although the phone can be used in the UK. In regard to the charger, you will need to check with the US the specifications of this there as they may differ from our phone here in the UK, needing a different charger. 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Another thing is to check the network bands the phone has to see if it will work on the network provider you will use.
The US has a different version of 5G, so it's unlikely you will have a 5G service here.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The chargers are USB and will all function exactly the same as they do here.
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Yes it will but warranty is only cover in the country its come from
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Google pay should work
0 Likes
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Hi there, I have an US variant of the S21 ultra and I am using it here in the UK. From my experience, it works fine for the most part. My phone has been restarting at random times and I don't know if this has to with that at all. Additionally, I've found that monthly updates take a long time to reach my phone (still on the July security update) and lastly, if you ever need to get your phone looked at or fixed you'll be out of luck as most UK Samsung stores won't look at your phone because it's an US variant and you would have to send your phone out to get it looked at. Personally I'm waiting for the S23 Ultra as it will have the same chip across all markets so I hope it'll make a difference!