Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi bug when will it be fixed

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 01:57 AM)
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
There is a lot of publicity on bugs on the WiFi calling having major secury bugs that have been known off for over 90 days but not fixed. When will this be fixed or do we have to turn off WiFi calling off for good?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I'm sure it will be patched soon. In the meantime ensure WiFi calling and VoLTE are switched off. Samsung has patched most of the 18 zero day bugs reported but about 4 are still outstanding.
0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
Big problem when you have no mobile reception at home
0 Likes
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Risk I have to take.....no signal inside home and barely a signal outside in garden. If wifi calling is off, all calls are off!
0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
It doesn't help that I can't even find the setting. Nothing in Settings.
0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options

Not on my one, odd I looked on the web and lots pointing as you said but nothing.

In the end

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-activate-wifi-calling-on-a-galaxy-smartphon....

under phone options and quick panel and even with these it looks like you have to turn both on and off as turning off on one left the other still showing active.  

0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
Thanks but isn't that networking rather than WiFi calling? The option you have selected isn’t on my menu, wifi calling is clearly under different menus on different phones.
0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
Vodafone
0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
No thanks
0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
Yes my son's already use WhatsApp for calls so most within the family are already in that already.