Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who's upgrading to the S23 Ultra Lineup?

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 11:03 PM)
AnxiousHolly
Journeyman
Options
I'm upgrading my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra to the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra simply because it being a snapdragon chip ane not exynos! 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Thats the way to go.
0 Likes
Safraz
Journeyman
Options
Side by side the s22 holds up extremely well compared to the s23. Don't think it's worth the upgrade in my opinion:/ for someone who doesn't take many photos a 200mp camera means nothing to me! Was hoping it would be more of a change if I'm honest was disappointed
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I will await the unpacked event on Wednesday... I am excited to see the unveiling... although most of the specs appear to have been leaked already.

I have the S21 ultra ... the S22U last year was just incremental improvements, so I didn't bother.

To be honest unless I am completely wow'ed by the S23... I will just stick for another year with the S21 ultra... it is still VERY capable and holds up against most phones still. Also Samsung are giving 4 years of updates... phones should be capable for more than 1 to 2 years these days.

The subject of Exynos and Snapdragon is a long standing one. It is clear that snapdragon holds the better performance... but you have to remember that most of the testing and ratings between the two are from benchmarks and don't always show real life differences. For most usages it would be really hard to even tell the difference... unless pushing the phone to its extreme... gaming... heaving CPU loading etc.

So be careful what you believe in the press... and if you were comparing the same phone wirh exynos v snapdragon... then you would find it hard to tell the difference.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AnxiousHolly 

As far as I'm aware I haven't seen anything official from Samsung or from Qualcomm to confirm which chipset is being used in the new line of s²³ series of phone's,  and what region's will have what chipset in them.

I'm in the UK and have had the Exynos soc in my s²² Ultra, and have had a seamless user experience from it's launch.

I've also own / owned Samsung phone's that have had the snapdragon soc inside that have been released in the UK and a Note ²⁰ which I had a UK version and I also imported the same phone into the UK which had a Snapdragon soc.

The phone with the Snapdragon soc inside seemed to be better optimised to give approximately an extra hour standby / usage time.

I will await the Samsung Unpacked Event to see officially what the new Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra brings.

Then I'll be awaiting the YouTube Reviews, and to try out the working retail models in either a Samsung Experience Store and or a Network Store.

Then if the new phone brings more to the table and ticks my wants and needs boxes I'll more than likely pull the trigger 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, just been confirmed on Sammobile. Com site it is indeed going to have the Snapdragon 8 gen 2 on the S23 models.
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Well I am thinking of getting s23 ultra in uk if the price is right
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst Snapdragon soc's are  generally viewed as being superior would argue the differences  have been not been major in recent years and a number of customers have been happy with  the Exynos processor   Some obviously have found fault  and were pretty vocal about it.

obviously consumer choice but for me that could not be the only factor and would go on the specifications and the  overall impassion

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@keith30 

No disrespect to sammobile.com but until we see official Samsung information on this I'd not bank on every Samsung s²³ phone's being fitted with the Qualcomm Snapdragon soc.

I see they suggest it here > https://www.sammobile.com/news/snapdragon-8-gen-2-for-galaxy-s23-confirmed/ 

Time will tell 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mdt765
Navigator
Options
Am tempted myself, for me it depends on the trade in price offered. Not sure if a rumour or not but seen an option to upgrade to the 516gb for free if order a 256gb online at samsung. Think that's what I saw, seen that much info I can't remember 🤦‍♂️
0 Likes