Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp microphone error 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 17-11-2022 02:19 PM)
disame
Explorer
Options
Does anyone else get microphone errors with whatsapp? Since 5.0 update whatsapp is accessing my microphone in the background, and during calls voice cuts in and out then suddenly ends with an error message about microphone 

Cover image

22 REPLIES 22
SpiderGiraffe
First Poster
Options
I have been having the same problem. Can't find working solution
0 Likes
SpiderGiraffe
First Poster
Options
This is very sad after all that you have done
0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
I've pretty much given up now on my s22 ultra. This has been the worst Samsung phone ive jsed. Im Just waiting to change this phone as soon as I can. Hopefully s23ultra has less issues.
0 Likes
SpiderGiraffe
First Poster
Options
Sorry to hear that about your s22. Still rocking s21. If I can find it new, I will buy again. Best phone I ever had and I had a few. But this WhatsApp issue need to be addressed.
0 Likes
Gunner14
First Poster
Options

Hey, I have the same problem on my S22...

Definitely frustrating 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I am sorry that you all are experiencing this issue. This seems to be done to a bug on WhatsApp as it's the only app affected. Would you be able to check if there are any new updates available for this from the Google Play Store> Search for the app using the search box at the top of the page> Update (if available).

Are you taking the calls directly from the phone or using an external device like a Bluetooth headset? Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone when that happens by any chance? 

0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
Yes my Bluetooth is enabled as it is connected to my watch 4. No headset connected. I've just had a whatsapp call now and within 2 minutes the voice started cutting in and out and finally ended suddenly. So I switched to telegram and had a clear uninterrupted 45 mins call with the same person. It does appear this is not a device issue but a whatsapp and android 13 issue. The whatsapp issue only started after my upgrade to android 13.
0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
I am also using the latest whatsapp version and no new updates on playstore
0 Likes
Postoronnim-V
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. Have any of you tried to contact WhatsApp support? I made an appeal, but given that I'm from Russia, I don't think they will do anything.

0 Likes
ALOKK
First Poster
Options

Facing exactly the same issue on my S22 Ultra. This is ridiculous and frustrating. There have been updates to both Whatsapp as well as Samsung and this has not been addressed. 

0 Likes