Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp microphone error 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 17-11-2022 02:20 PM)
disame
Explorer
Options
Does anyone else get microphone errors with whatsapp? Since 5.0 update whatsapp is accessing my microphone in the background, and during calls voice cuts in and out then suddenly ends with an error message about microphone 

Cover image

22 REPLIES 22
disame
Explorer
Options
Error message Screenshot_20221117_131139_WhatsApp_1000010758_1668690699.jpg
0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
Tried uninstalling and reinstall, tried factory reset, nothing works. Whatsapp voice or video call is now impossible on s22ultra
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you any other similar app like viber if it comes with same error? If yes I would contact Samsung support via Members app 

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Run diagnostics on members app and test other other apps to see if any errors as suggested by @tourbillion
disame
Explorer
Options
All tried, nothing is wrong on other apps on diagnostic. Microphone works everywhere else except on whatsapp
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Head over to your dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic”, speak into your phone like you’re on a call, can you hear yourself talk?

Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone, can you hear the playback?

Let us know the results.

Welcome to the Community!

disame
Explorer
Options
Thanks. Just tried it. I could hear very faint playback on 1st mic and clear playback on 2nd mic
0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
I seem to have been able to get rid of the error. I had to reset my phone about 2 or 3 times right after each reset and then install only WhatsApp and make a call. No more error and had a long smooth call. I have now reinstalled other apps and so far still no error. So hopefully it's all fixed now.
0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
Error is back again. Got cut off in the middle of a call and got microphone error message.
0 Likes