Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats peoples views on the s22 range

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 08:27 PM)
kat80
Journeyman
Options
Im currently using the a53 but wanting to update my phone has anybody and recommendations please
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My experience with the S22 Ultra has been great.
Does everything I want and more.
S Pen is one of my favourite features of the phone.
Cameras are just excellent.
I use many different phones during the year and this easily is the best for me.
I think you can't go too wrong with any of the range, but depends on what your needs are for a phone.
Best thing is if you are near to a Samsung Experience Store, is to pop in and get hands on with the phones and see them for yourself
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra since Launch date and it hasn't let me down and nor have I suffered any buyers remorse.

Take a look at some YouTube reviews and have hands on in a Samsung Experience Store or Highstreet Shop that has working retail demo models on display to see what you think.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would consider waiting for the S23 range @kat80. Early reports say that the Snapdragon 8Gen2 will make all the range flyers. The Ultra will boast a 200Mp camera with considerably improved low light performance in both photos and videos so it is claimed. It's battery life should be excellent also. The phone range could be introduced as early as January, but the Ultra won't be cheap obviously. Either this or wait for the S23 to hit the market to get a price reduction on one of the S22 series?.👍
Mustaine8661
Journeyman
Options
Go for a phone from the S21 range. Cheaper phone but exactly the same quality. S21 Ultra is just as good as the S22 Ultra. I wish I hadn't upgraded and waited another year.
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

There is no point of getting any phone from the S22 Range at this point in the year.

In addition, The S22 range has had problems galore and they have not been solved. Any new update may fix one problem but brings a few other. I waited for the stable release of Android 13 and it messed my phone and all bluetooth devices. Many users had a flawless upgrade but mine was pretty annoying.

One of the reason of this problems might be the different SOCs on the phone. Samsung must have two different branches of code for each hardware and it seems that some of issues are falling through the cracks. 

Allegedly, all S23 series will come with snapdragon. I would definitely wait for it. There plenty of "good" experiences with the exynos chipset but the fact remains the same, exynos is a subpar chipset and it consistently has underperform against the snapdragon variant.

By the way, I have a S22 Ultra and the experience has not been the best, and Samsung's support is the worst. They lie to you, make everything as difficult as possible, in other words the should call it customer unsupport.

kat80
Journeyman
Options
thank u for ur feedback
0 Likes
kat80
Journeyman
Options
thanks very much
0 Likes
kat80
Journeyman
Options
thank u
0 Likes
kat80
Journeyman
Options
i did here that from somebody else that they went from the 21 to 22 with no difference