Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is healthy battery life?

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 12:02 PM)
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
I've had my S22 Ultra since launch and my battery health is already down to  91%.

Is.this normal or do I need to get my battery replaced?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Over the years the battery begins to age but if functionality wise if you don't experience any overheating then bear get it seen. Other than that I've had my phone for over a year and I found that each update it has contributed to battery drain.
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
The phone was overheating during the summer but it is ok atm.
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Oh OK if you feel the battery drains alot get it checked
0 Likes
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
Will do but most likely after Xmas
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Battery health reported by what app?

0 Likes
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
Accubattery
0 Likes
aj002
Journeyman
Options
Go to battery life in settings on your phone it will shut down any apps not in use to help with battery life
0 Likes
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
Thanks
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mo78  No app is going to be completely accurate  though there will be  some deterioration over time.  Some information here https://batteryprinciples.com/is-accubattery-accurate https://www.laptopmag.com/how-to/how-to-check-android-battery-health-assess-your-phones-charging-pow...  After updates the AI does relearn usage habits and there may be a bit more battery Drain  but should improve in time.  In terms of  battery life have you noticed anything significant lately?

Have you cleared the cache partition lately which is generally advised following updates as this deletes the temporary files  but your Data is intact.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also Repair apps from same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.