Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallpaper keeps changing randomly

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 11:28 AM)
Mrinternational
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

I woke up this morning to see my wallpaper and lockscreen were a picture of weird shapes with numbers in them. I saw I needed a phone update so I did that and changed photo back to what I had but it then changed to another random pic half hour later.

I was told to soft reset which I did and once again changed to my photo. An hour later it again changed to something really random, would someone please help. I'm cautious with everything , haven't done anything strange and have a very good virus protection .

Thank you

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Mrinternational
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20221201_121926_One UI Home.jpg

 This was the last one it changed to. I don't even have these pics in my phone...

0 Likes
AshP_
Options

Hi @Mrinternational, do you have 'Wallpaper services' enabled on your phone? You can check this by heading to Settings > Wallpaper and style > Browse my wallpapers > Wallpaper services > Set this to 'None' to disable it. 

0 Likes
LinRGreenwood
First Poster
Options

Mine is set to NONE and it changes every night while i sleep and has since the last update.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LinRGreenwood: Are the wallpapers that appear taken from the Gallery, or are they random? If they are Gallery images, please try heading to Settings > Wallpaper and style > Change wallpapers > Gallery, and check the 'Selected items' section at the top to see if multiple images have been selected. If they have, tap on the thumbnail of any images you'd like to exclude, leaving your preferred choices in place. Alternatively, if the 'Selected items' section is blank, choose a photo to create a wallpaper, and check to see if this resolves your issue.

0 Likes
LinRGreenwood
First Poster
Options

Random, pics i have never seen before or have not taken. these are a different picture each morning and it is a  picture of a desert or ocean view or something else. I happens at night when my phone is on the charger while i sleep.

0 Likes
LinRGreenwood
First Poster
Options

Any idea why it changes every night to a new home screen and lock screen.  I have done all the things you suggested and none of them work.

0 Likes
Mrmuffnstuffn
Apprentice
Options

In my case I noticed it will do so at times but for me it happens because for example il set a video wallpaper thru a 3rd party app (zedge)(awesome selection not just wallpaper) but the previous one will be selected directly through the phones wallpaper manager. And for some reason it will decide to stop the zedge video wallpaper and go back to either default or the one i selected just not thru zedge 

0 Likes
vince220
First Poster
Options

This worked for me on Galaxy s22 Ultra+
Selected Settings

Selected Wallpaper and style

Selected Change wallpapers

Scrolled down to bottom - Wallpaper Service and selected Dynamic Lock screen icon

Scrolled down to the very bottom and turned off Auto update.

0 Likes
Mrmuffnstuffn
Apprentice
Options

BTW I know about dynamic wallpaper and it is NOT turned on 

0 Likes