Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos Freezing For a Few seconds

(Topic created on: 18-04-2022 03:09 AM)
UMSN
First Poster
Options
I've noticed since the April update on youtube mainly that when I play a video the image will stay frozen for a few seconds whilst the audio plays in the background then the video will start playing. This happens with every video, anyone else experiencing something similar. I have a exynos S22 ultra.
32 REPLIES 32
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Same here, tried resetting the data on the YouTube app uninstaling YouTubes app updates, still it persists, maybe it's a YouTube issue, maybe the developer needs to update the app.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @UMSN 

My phone is on the 2nd April update and isn't showing signs of this happening on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb [ Exynos  ] UK _ purchased directly from Samsung UK.

Can you try clearing the cache of the app via Settings,  Apps,  YouTube, Storage and then Clear Cache.

Another option is > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

I've read some posts on the forum where this has been out of sync for others too which a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On helps.

Also do please send feedback via your Samsung Members app under the GetHelp section.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Funny just noticed this on my s21 ultra and it happens for both YouTube and Instagram videos.
Am on the 2nd April update.

First time didn't do a wipe cache so might try that.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wipe cache didn't help.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yep @UMSN I have had the same YouTube freezing issue on my S21 Ultra for a few days now. I have just had my April 1st software update and it has been occurring since before this. I have to say I don't mind it to be fair as I know I am not the only one with this little issue thanks to you raising the issue on this forum. I am sure I have been reading about this problem somewhere else?... Maybe an earlier posting on this forum?.. Either way you can be sure it will get sorted at some point. Hopefully soon... 👍 👍
Members_9W7M3z4
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my S21 Ultra, anyone who found a solution?

0 Likes
Haitham khaled
First Poster
Options

same here. it also happens that if you watch a video using google Chrome .. the video keeps on buffering non stop. after this April update i feel my phone is different when it comes to watching YouTube. i hope they find a fix for that

0 Likes
Members_dtfPx2A
First Poster
Options

The same here (s22)

0 Likes
Members_vXdCoEY
Student
Options

Same here, s21 plus exynos....

0 Likes