Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Need Help - Brand New S22 Ultra -my computer no longer searches for new photos when I connect the new phone

(Topic created on: 17-10-2022 05:09 AM)
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

Need some urgent help. Just got a new Samsung S22 Ultra. I must send attachments via email by no later than first thing tomorrow morning to my insurance company. These are pictures of documents that I took with my new phone.

When I was using my old Samsung phone, I would just connect it to my pc using the usb cable coming from the phone. The pc would immediately see my photos and search for any new ones, I could just select which ones I wanted to copy to the pc, and they would appear in the directory seconds later. 

With the new phone, none of this happens. What do I do? I am required to send the photo attachements to them via email  asap. Why did this feature which has worked for years suddenly stop working???

Thank you for any help with this! 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
Why not using your phone to email instead? Open your email on your phone and attach what ever attachments you want and send email directly from your phone.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What window version?

What happens when you connect your phone? 

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Upload to Onedrive or Google photos on your phone and then download to your computer may be another work around.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Email them direct from your phone or email from your phone to an email address you have access to on your PC then download to your PC.

You could also use Samsung Flow (you'd need to download to your PC from Microsoft store) or use Link to Window's App.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Slapshot Hello, install the latest drivers for your PC, from here:

https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Look in both the DCIM FOLDERS in, internal storage and if you have sd card storage all pictures will be there, on your phone
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@leicesterMan the S 22 series do not have SD card.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I use Dropbox... all my pictures are automatically backed up on my pc. Also Google pictures, means I can view them anywhere.

No longer have try and make my pc look for my phone.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
If it is difficult to write a looooooong email on the phone, then do it on the computer, email to yourself,
From your phone, create a new email
Attached the pictures from the phone
Paste the contents of previously coppied
Pres send
Chil out and have a cup of a tea 🍵