Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with the S22 Upgrade Programme pre-order gift

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 05:49 PM)
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Last year I bought the S21 Ultra as part of the Samsung Upgrade Programme. As part of that years promotion people who pre-ordered were given a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro and a Smart Tag. 

12 months later and S22 upgrades are now open however it seems that once again pre-orders are going to receive a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro. Are Members of the upgrade programme really going to be given a 2nd pair of buds? I was expecting store credit or perhaps the Watch 4 as an incentive instead? 

Cheers. 

14 REPLIES 14
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Anybody else fallen into this bracket?

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

We're sorry that you've felt unhappy with the offer of the Galaxy Buds Pro associated with the pre-order of your S22 as a part of the Samsung Upgrade Programme, @hughsie27 . 

We can understand that receiving the Galaxy Buds Pro may not be to your liking, and have fed this back to our teams internally. 

Did you know about Samsung Boost? We offer access to a range of risk-free service subscriptions to unlcok epic experiences on our premium devices. This includes a  whopping 12 months of Disney+ with the Galaxy S22 family. 

^SachikoT

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why has Sunsung decided to give Galaxy Buds Pro with preorder? Anyone who had s21 Ultra go that last year?

What am to do with two pairs?maybe this pair going on to ebay or amazon? 

No Disney channel isn't appealing either, why don't they give us cash credit like in the US, he also got purchase upgrade too

He ordered 256 gb and getting 512 gb

Sill87
First Poster
Options
I'm thinking the same. I'd much prefer a voucher code towards the Galaxy 4 watch to the same value of the buds. It will be a 2nd pair I won't use. They don't stay in my ear so I still use my original buds.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally understand your viewpoint on this @-Robot- 

Not everyone will have the Buds Pro so for some this will be a nice freebie.

Others will gift or sell them on to help recoup some of the cost of buying the Samsung Galaxy s²² phone.

The topic of different regions having different offers ranging from Trade In to credits has always been a topic of discussion.

Basically it depends on market trends by region.

On my purchase as well as the Buds Pro and Disney+ I also received 30% off the Samsung Black Leather Cover.

And I received Samsung Reward points thst I'll be able to use to purchase items from the Samsung Store when my phone has been delivered.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I suppose, I only mentioned credit so we could choose what we got as opposed to having two galaxy buds
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just posted the same thing
0 Likes
LondonTom
Explorer
Options

Yup! and I have the Galaxy + Buds from the year before 👀 

Those pixel phones are looking more and more tempting Samsung.

0 Likes
blades10
Apprentice
Options

Another pair Galaxy Buds Pro is ridiculous & not much thought seems to have gone into this, you would even struggle to sell them on Ebay. 🙄

0 Likes