Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Smartview from Samsung TV to my S22 Plus ulta

(Topic created on: 22-10-2022 07:25 PM)
gypy
Apprentice
Options
Hi 

I was able to smartview from my phone to my Samsung smart TV and vice versa I.e. view what's on my TV screen on my S22 phone however recently it's only allowing me to stream from my phone to the TV and not viceversa. 

This is also happening with my wife's galaxy tab. Is there a known issue as it worked perfectly fine until recently. Maybe after the last update or so. 

Thanks. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Same here with my A53 5G. It freezes and stutters on my Samsung smart TV. There has to be a bug.
gypy
Apprentice
Options
OK thanks for the reply. I can cast to my tv but for some reason I can't cast using smart view to my phone anymore. 😒
AndrewL
Options

@gypy: If you're having some screen mirroring issues with Smart View, then I recommend taking a look at SmartThings as an alternative option. For further information, please take a look at the link below, and click on 'Connecting using SmartThings'.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-...

0 Likes
gypy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. I already have smart things on my phone. Still won't allow me to cast from my TV to the phone. Only option it gives me is to stream audio of whatever is on the TV to my phone. Seems there must be a bug or something as this issue only came up recently like the past month or so.
PCUK
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue. It also happened to my Note 9. The TV hasn't had any update in a long time so it's likely to be SmartView which has an issue.
gypy
Apprentice
Options
Hi Samsung support any fix. This is absolutely ridiculous that we can't cast from tv to phone anymore. Please escalate
Jason13v8
Pioneer
Options
This don't work!
0 Likes