Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

UK S22 Ultra performance

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 06:46 PM)
Maije
Apprentice
Options
When you are paying over £1000 for a device, you expect the best. Fair to say we haven't got the best.

Samsung Game Optimisation Process throttles the device heavily to the point most games will not run on their "High" settings despite the high benchmark results. Turns out that the GOS throttles almost every game whilst removing the throttle from benchmarking applications giving a false sense of what the device can actually handle. Because of this most Android benchmarking software has now banned the S22 from performing benchmarks. This is a disgusting move from Samsung and I expected better. I have been with Samsung since the Galaxy S4 and always been happy with price to performance. But this time the have releases a "Flagship" costing over £1000 that is more comparable to a £400 Device.

I hoped this is fixed soon, because if it isn't. Samsung will be loosing more than just me.

29 REPLIES 29
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Same people Still defending Samsung after they get caught out lying to there customers !!!!!
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣...GOS slows down GPU and CPU performance on Samsung smartphones for games and apps.( 10,000 Apps ) Despite running powerful hardware, these devices thus prevent users from extracting the best performance from them. Benchmark apps like 3D Mark and Geekbench remain untouched. So when the user runs a benchmark, the CPU and GPU are allowed to run at peak performance. Strange practice for Samsung to do.. sell a phone then throttle performance on them but do not throttle on benchmarks apps but on everything else 🤣 🤣 you might as well buy the lower end Samsung phones that they don't throttle as Samsung only seem to throttle performance on the top end phones ....very strange.. even my S20 Ultra is on the list of being throttled so Samsung have been doing this for a few years at least ...it's not just the New S22 ultra ...it's just they have been caught out doing it now
Samsung should tell the truth if you buy are top phone which we advertise at this performance ..we are going to throttle down the performance by up to 50% to save Battery 🔋 just to let you know before you buy it but don't worry we have * Not Throttled the benchmark apps * . So when you run benchmark apps on your phone all is good and you will never know about us throttling the games and apps 🤣 🤣 ... Not a good look by Samsung

Geekbench has confirmed that it’s going to delist the new Galaxy S22 series from the Geekbench Browser in addition to the entire Galaxy S10, Galaxy S20 and S21 series. It’s not banning the Galaxy Note and A series since they don’t appear to be impacted by GOS throttling performance issue
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
This from Sammobile.. Geekbench banning S10/S20/S21 and S22 Series phones https://www.sammobile.com/news/geekbench-banning-samsung-phones-slowing-down-apps/
Maije
Apprentice
Options
Before I got my S22 I was on the S10 5G and honestly I could probably get more performance outta that than this 🤣
jackeb
Pioneer
Options
Yup its not on. And loads of us having major issue where we can't make recieve calls or texts or use mobile Internet... which is pretty much the major purposes of a phone crippled.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung have already said they are looking into the issue highlighted and will make a fix accordingly.

Samsung Troll haters will get triggered by this sort of thing, and be posting links etc.
But it's a temporary problem for the moment that not all the Samsung phones have an issue with as its turned out some are not affected by this
As it seems not all games are affected by this either.

It's really unfortunate that you have an affected unit, maybe contact Samsung Customer support and see if they can do something for you.
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options
So are you saying that anyone who posts an opinion that you don't agree with is a troll hater. Are we suppose to only read positive opinions?
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No unfortunately someone doesn't have their own opinions and just posts links on loads of others posts.
Welcome people's opinions but some just repost stuff with all the same narrative and sometimes inaccurate. Irrespective of the facts. Those are not opinions.
steve0
Voyager
Options

They are news items from leading tech sites - sammobile-android central- android police. So  what's the problem of informing people . 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If a person feels GOS is affecting their usage then look in the Playstore and look at an app called Alliance Shield which can be used to disable GOS.

Some owners are using this.

As correctly mentioned by @Glenntech Samsung have taken on board owners opinions  and feedback and are acting to provide a software update to have more control over how the phone performs. 

I can only speak in regards to my personal user experience with my own Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Exynos. I've experienced no lag on any of the app I use as far as i can tell.

I do not play games on my phone's however.

Just to reiterate my advice and comments are my own and in no way reflect Samsungs in anyway.

I'm a customer who has no connection with Samsung apart from posting here which I do in my own personal time, and using some Samsung products.

I welcome all opinions whether they be positive or negative which are constructive and balanced and do not infringe the community forum rules.

We are adults here discussing tech , tech products and manufacturers.

Lets play nice people  😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "