Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from SD - Gallery favourites/tags?

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 03:41 PM)
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
I'm waiting for my S22U to arrive, and with the 7 day trade-in, I'll have to transfer my S20 over quickly.

Smart Switch allows SD card transfer - will this transfer my Gallery app data, for SD card photos? Favourites, tagged images etc? I'd hate to scroll through 600 photos (in Favourites) from my SD card, to write down every file name manually. 
9 REPLIES 9
ZenBrendiz
First Poster
Options

Hey there, did you find the answer to this? or any other way to transfer photos with tags/favorites?

0 Likes
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
I did eventually! You just need Smart Switch to transfer perfectly. It often breaks during the transfer, so you have to restart (but it'll ask to continue where you left off). If you do that, somehow it doesn't save tags/favourites... You need a perfect transfer, start to finish, then it copies it. It takes many tries 😞
0 Likes
reinald022
Student
Options

Hello there! I just wanna clarify, when you smart switch, were you able to transfer the gallery data? Like the tagged favorite photos? I also dont wanna scroll through thousands and mark most of them as favorites..

0 Likes
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
Yeah they worked eventually! Just transfer over WiFi, and if it gets "interrupted", make sure it continues properly where you left off. I think they fixed the issues, cause I got a Tab S8 recently and my Gallery transferred fine
reinald022
Student
Options

You.. are awesome. Thanks so much, friend!

0 Likes
Members_ObAa09X
Student
Options

Hi there, just wanted to clarify... the favourites and tags in SD card can be transferred to a new device via smart switch? Did it appear automatically tagged and favourited in the new device?

0 Likes
Members_ObAa09X
Student
Options

Also, I was wondering if I unmount the SD card and put it into the new device, will I lose the favourites and tags in the gallery of the new device?

0 Likes
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
Never unmount the SD card, it will lose all tags and favourites (forever). Very poor app design from Samsung. You need to use Smart Switch, make sure it runs fully to the end, don't open Gallery while it runs. It should transfer all the tags and favourites.
0 Likes
Members_ObAa09X
Student
Options

Great, thank you so much!

0 Likes