Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in switch-samsung scam please read

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 09:40 AM)
fccsumsung
Explorer
Options
Hi guys! Please don't fall for Samsung trade in options! 
They will sent an email after you sent your old phone with a picture (might not be your phone in it) saying that your device its faulty! Screen burn
In order to complete your purchase you'll have to pay (in my case) £75 even of your phone its fine
Check other people statements everywhere the same issue! So Samsung its a shame! 
21 REPLIES 21
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung trade in is handled by third party, but I always recommend taking pictures and videos of your working phone before sending it back to protect yourself
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We have seen past posts as to where a person has sent their phone in and then Samsung has assessed the phone and not agreed with the owners appraisal of their phone @fccsumsung 

If this happens the owner can accept the offer by Samsung or ask for the phone back and choose any other applicable option @fccsumsung 

I can't recall a thread where a person has suggested as you have that Samsung have supplied photographic evidence that's not of their actual phone.

As suggested by @-Robot- it's advisable to take time and date stamped photo's.

To add > With a couple of the phone turned On.

And if possible a couple of any visible water indicator tab _ usually inside the sim card slot aperture. 

Personally I opt to sell my phone's to family , friends or work colleagues or if local I pop into my local Samsung Experience Store so they assess the phone in front of me and seal the deal if I'm happy.

It's about choice. 

I wish you all the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes takes pictures and videos, TMT First are crooks with great reported profits, if they try it on escalate to Samsung Customer Support, when i traded my Fold3 for the Fold4, they tried it on, Samsung promptly sorted it out, but Samsung support is hit and miss.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes better videos with the first shot on the device about screen, so no dispute and as for sure time stamped.

I find the family option sometimes ends in drama, CeX have been very good, yes a lower offer but cash on the spot.

Oh i did find when i purchased my sons Flip4/Watch5 in the Samsung Expereince store both trade in's where handled by the team there and then, even they said safer option.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
fccsumsung
Explorer
Options
Everyone takes pictures and videos! How would you know this is going to happen?and also if you have just 1 phone hie can you take this pics and video? I'am I supposed to take pictures and videos of every single thing I own?this is ridículos
fccsumsung
Explorer
Options
Thanks I'll contact samsung support! I've went online and noticed many many complains about the same issue
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

I removed the most recent posts due to the unnecessary aggro  towards each other in them. Please keep things civil here, even if you do have a difference of opinion or experience. This place is for sharing knowledge, advice and experience to benefit everyone, not for kicking other people.

(Our Community TOS and Guidelines are here if anyone needs reminding: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-terms-of-service/m-p/92#M1  and https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-guidelines/m-p/97#M2 

Cheers.

Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hmmm..!
Would be good to know what progress if any, was made.
Take care y'all. 🙂
0 Likes
credster
First Poster
Options
Ive been got.....at least dick turpin wore a mask