Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in for S23 series

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 04:31 PM)
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Whats is everyone's opinion of the trade in amount offered by Samsung for another samsung phone in the UK?

I have the S22 Ultra 512GB 5G and bring offered £620. Is this considered good or is it too low to consider upgrading? 

What everyone else around the world being offered? The US? Europe etc?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Depends on what you really want from the phone in price.
You can try and sell it. You may well get a higher price.
My 256Gb S22 Ultra got £610 trade in
For me personally, it was more convenient to trade in. Yes I can get a higher price.
But I might have to deal with time wasters on a popular auction site.
So was happy to take that price for it.

Others I know find it too low. As I say, it's all how you see it and what fits your needs
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have read so many posts on reddit, US really not happy with trade in prices this year. I found it quite funny to be honest. Its prices the UK have been use to. You may get more selling privately. £620 is better then the £580 they offered last year to trade s21 ultra for s22. Plus I think the deal they have getting the 512gb for the price of 256gb is a good deal. When you think about it, Samsung would be giving there new phones away if they traded in for any more.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure offer still on but if you add one accessory you get another 10%

With cade, screen protector and 512 GbS23 Ultra, I saved over £800
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My mate in the US got double storage and a Buds 2 Pro and $680 trade in
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think anything around  £600 is actually pretty good value (will obviously be a bit less for 2021 and older models)  However need to consider if it works for you , you may well get higher prices privately but generally not as convenient (unless you can  sell to someone you know)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Uk wise that's a good price. I had a recycle with a diff company ready and that was for £540
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The trade in value in my opinion is excellent. Little hassle and a guaranteed £600+ for last years Ultra +10% off with any accessory.
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
If you are not happy just keep it and trade in something older than your s22 ultra, even a broken phone with 0GB storage you will get £150 off
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I was also looking at the trade in value for my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra which I do think is a good price @smg1 

One maybe able to attain a better selling price if sold privately although not on ebay !

Maybe family, friends or work colleagues.

I'll be keeping my s²² Ultra as a back up phone or sell to family, and look at pulling the trigger probably after the 17th of February 23 for the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "