Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threats to lock my new S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 06:41 PM)
Marc_Bannister
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

I sent off my S21 Ultra to trade in on the 4th March at 09:00am at my local post office, it says it has been delivered to them today at 12:16 this morning. I've now got a message on my S22 Ultra saying its going to be locked in under 48 hours as my device is linked to an uncompleted trade in, what am I supposed to do as It's been delivered today successfully .. I've received no email from Samsung trade in or anything to say my trade in's been completed and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated now, If they end up locking my new S22 Ultra they'll be receiving a phone call in the morning about it as I had 0 issues last year and it seem's like they're trying to take the *****.

31 REPLIES 31
FranDar
First Poster
Options
I'm getting the same message although I'm still waiting for the return pack they said they would send. This is not what I expected from Samsung.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Marc_Bannister 

I'm not surprised thus has concerned you.

I'm thinking it's Samsungs systems auto sending the message as a reminder to send the agreed trade in phone.

You can contact them via support@samsunguk.zendesk.com or by phoning 03307267467 but I think you'll be fine 🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Craigti
Apprentice
Options
Same here
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've had the same warnings today on both my phone and tablet. Also like yourself, my tracking shows they received my trade ins today at 8am. I too will be very upset if they lock my devices come tomorrow.
0 Likes
BrokenAndroid
Navigator
Options
The return label should be in the box you got the new phone in.
0 Likes
stewrogers
Explorer
Options
Do you have proof of delivery?
0 Likes
BrokenAndroid
Navigator
Options
Don't listen to clueless Samsung. Send them a copy of the Post Office proof of postage with delivery number on it. You could do what I intend to do, return the S22 Ultra and say shove it where the sun don't shine.
John_tandy
Pioneer
Options
In the same issue here think I'll not be having Samsung again
0 Likes
Marc_Bannister
Pioneer
Options

I've screenshotted the royal mail tracking page to show its been delivered, got my post office receipt as proof of sending it off, got photos of me packing the phone to send off, so if they do end up locking it they're gonna be in trouble.

0 Likes