Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the bluetooth on my s22 keeps turning off

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 09:44 PM)
hadwin
First Poster
Options
Hello for about 3 days now the bluetooth on my phone has turned off at random moments. It does not matter if i have a device connected it will turn off at any moment it sees fit. Im a massive user of bluetooth headphones and have used 3 brands of head/earphones. It does not make a difference. If anybody has any idea that can help please let me known
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @hadwin 

First I'd suggest to clear your Bluetooth Cache.

This is performed via Settings > Apps > Bluetooth [ if Bluetooth isn't in the list then tap on the icon next to apps and choose Show System Apps and tap on OK at the bottom ] then Storage and Clear Cache. 

Also in that area look at your Bluetooth App preference settings ,and that it's not been inadvertently put into Sleep or Deep Sleep.

Manage Sleeping apps to save battery life on your Galaxy device. 

If that does not clear the issue then try Safe Mode to see if something that's been downloaded is hindering the operation of your Bluetooth.

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Clearing the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section can help. No personal information is lost doing this.

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

There is also a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App you can run.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
WBB 1981
Student
Options

I am having a similar issue. My Samsung S22 has connected to my car for years. A few days ago, it stopped connecting for audio - it won't even try. It toggles off the second I toggle it on. It will connect for calls only. I didn't download any new apps or updates, etc. No reason for it to stop working. I have tried all the little "fixes" as well as the above. Cleared cache, it wouldn't work in safe mode either, unpairing and repairing. Nothing works. I would love suggestions!

0 Likes
galaxsy s10
Student
Options

I have S22+ with the same problem + gets hot and turn off.

I was looking for a solution for a long time and the best solution is to buy another brand phone from a company that respect the warranty even from Aliexpress.
I think there is a major hardware problem that samsung try to sweep under the floor.
My phone was 3 times at the official lab of  Partner Israel, and I received it after reset with bluetooth off and save energy on.(If you do this I asure You there will be no problems..........)
The only plus the phone has is IP68, when it gets hot I dip it in cold water.
This is the best advertising I can do for Samsung, when people ask why I do this.

0 Likes
katrina87
Pathfinder
Options
im having the same problem, since another new update last week
0 Likes
Members_MLDxU0n
First Poster
Options

If you havent found it yet, its the "mute with gestures" function which overreacts when you move your phone or hand across the sensors. It is incidental that you turn off the screen, you will likely notice this happens more often when the phone is in your jacket or pants pockets and you move.

0 Likes