Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible quality of images on S21 Ultra and S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 10:37 PM)
Powell00000
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

After reading about awesomeness of Galaxy S21 and S22 Ultra cameras, together with my girlfriend we decided to switch from our OnePlus phones.
Phones just arrived, we immediatelly started taking pictures and they are disastrous. Phones are being sent back for a refund.
Here, have a comparison. All the phones on auto camera setting, with ALL picture improvements enabled, set to default resolution, main camera. Focus and light set on the bottle via touching the screen before taking a picture . All newest updates installed.

1. Galaxy S22 Ultra

2. OnePlus 7T Pro

3. Galaxy S21 Ultra

4. OnePlus Nord 2.
comparison.jpg

I also want to add that lighting of the scene did not change between pictures.

We went to local electronics shop (Saturn/Media Markt) to compare with phones available there, with the same results - OnePlus Nord 2 took the best quality pictures. And costs only fraction of S22 Ultra's price.

I do not look for help. I'm giving you an information, do with it what you want.

24 REPLIES 24
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Might be a silly suggestion but it's worth checking the camera lenses for grease or protective film is removed as it can be hard to see. I like the pictures from this phone S22 Ultra but it can be a case of experimenting to get the best shot and settings etc. I find all mobile phones tend to struggle in poor lighting compared with a digital camera due to having a smaller sensor but the S22 is better than most in poor lighting in my experience. I would advise cleaning the camera lenses and checking settings and if pictures remain blurry it could be an issue with a faulty lense etc. I hope this is helpful. Thank you I'm no expert but I do like taking good photos
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not the lense it's the software same on the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra camera was fine until ui 4.1 was installed
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It may be worth downloading Samsungs Expert Raw camera app from Galaxy store to test the camera? It's another camera app that let's you take more detailed raw photos. They are much bigger files though approx 20mp per picture but it might help you pin point the problems you are having with the camera
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Can you put a picture of the app icon please as I can't find it ,
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think it's only compatible from S21 Ultra onwards? It's in Galaxy StoreScreenshot_20220915-164130_Galaxy Store_22215_1663256526.jpg
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you
Powell00000
Apprentice
Options

Lenses were clear, I've double checked that. Also, comparing these pictures, I do not think there was not enough light.

Powell00000
Apprentice
Options

I've tried it, as well as some other. With the same result. On some test pictures, with flowers, after zooming in to 100% size there were visible artifacts (pixelisation, vertical lines on contours), grain in mildly less lit parts. RAW pictures had them also, so to me looks like a camera matrix issue, but on all cameras?