Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily disabled device

(Topic created on: 15-10-2022 08:27 PM)
Cjchestang
First Poster
Options

samsung temporarily disabled this device because it was reported lost in transit or there is an outstanding balance due for failure to meet trade-in terms. to unlock check the email used at the time of purchase for a message sent by samsung for the next steps your device will be unlocked the following business day after a successful payment

It has a place to enter a pin.

I paid for the phone in full and did not choose the trade in option

7 REPLIES 7
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Cjchestang. It's not clear from your message whether your phone has, in fact, been temporarily disabled or whether you've received a message indicating this to be the case. It would be very unusual to receive such a message when your phone is paid in full with no Trade-in option chosen. 

If you're based in the UK or Ireland, I'd definitely recommend reaching out to our Online Shop Team to confirm the veracity of the message you received. Perhaps it was sent in error, or it could possibly be a spam message (and, by its nature, not genuinely from Samsung).

You can see the contact information on the pages below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/  (UK)

or

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/contact/ (Ireland)

If you are based outside the UK or Ireland, please reach out to the Shop Teams in your region:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

Please let us know how you get on. 

dakodamccoy
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever resolve this? I am having the same issue since Friday.

0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
Be warned , samsung phones being cloned by virus software .
Five cloned in my mates shop .look like chinease copys .
0 Likes
EnragedClient
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem.  Paid the phone in full and did not do trade-ins. The delivery status is still in transit. I got the phone last Friday, 10/14/22. I talked to their support team and they advised me to just return the items. They are good enough to offer that they will do the return process themselves and just send me the return label via email, but for some reason, they said they are having technical difficulties as well.

And about that PIN the phone was asking for? Support can't provide any. Even they don't know why this is happening. Spoke to them for more than 3 hours and we just went in circles.

It is very frustrating that we paid a lot of money for a supposed to be premium phone, but instead giving us a lot stress.

Will update in the next few days. Hopefully we can get this resolved. Please also update us on your end. Thanks.

0 Likes
s22 ultra1
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same issue this is really frustrating, I don't know if Samsung can disable the device then they can enable it too but they don't have any idea about this issue. I paid all the money there was no trade in from my side still I am not able to use my own device. Wow!!

0 Likes
Members_iXDvJji
First Poster
Options

My phone was not delivered by DPD, although they claimed it had been. I contacted Samsung and DPD to report it as stolen. Hours later, DPD delivered it to me - and 12 hours later it is still locked and I can't unlock it, despite giving Sasung the passkey and IMEI number that appears in the error message. 

0 Likes
Members_iXDvJji
First Poster
Options

Sorry, it's a S23. Just saw thread title!

0 Likes