Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System storage s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 25-12-2022 05:28 PM)
neocris
Journeyman
Options
My system storage is  48 gig , and I think is to big. The same the folder "other " is very big. I can't open the folders to check way is to big. Any app to check the storage? non rooted phone 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I have the same.
I think this is normal size for the system
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
System storage is probably about right
My Z Fold 3 is 33.5Gb, and the S22 Ultra has more features
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You have the 512GB model which means you have a larger system folder. The 128GB model is only 22GB.

The same is true on older devices like my 512GB S21 Ultra which also has a 48GB system folder.
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
My suggestion would be when it comes to media images,video store it on cloud it's so much easier .

I know the feeling the joys of I still got my S10+ hahaha for backup but I use s21 Atm.

0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

@neocris I think some of that system storage is taken up by apps. You can see this on the internal storage screen on device storage but you have to enable it to access apps storage. From what I remember when I enabled it, I tapped  the apps on the screen  that shows internal storage it should ask you to enable a permission  to access apps. Once granted you will see the apps storage itemised and the system storage should show around 31 gb- that's what my s22 ultra shows. I might be thinking of something else but give it a go

Captain Bitchin
First Poster
Options

Still haven't figured out how to view "Other", but the main culprit turned out to be Telegram app.  Open it.  Go to settings.  Storage.  I will bet my lunch money the remove settings are set to "keep forever"...  i set them to 1 week and the next day my "Other" dropped from 222GB to 18GB...

AutisticCarMan
First Poster
Options
My 128gb A71 has 66GB of system files.Screenshot_20221225_172421_My Files_1000007640_1671989061.jpg
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Click on the info symbol in the Apps row and allow permission for Files. The storage space will get redistributed between System and Apps.

0 Likes