Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply demand issues are inexcusable Samsung... sort out this situation !

(Topic created on: 13-03-2022 04:04 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Firstly I will like to say that i am a definate Samsung fanboy, with an S21 ultra and the past 4 or 5 generations before.  I also invest in headphones, watches, TV and other gadgets... typically I like Samsung products.  

I can forgive Samsung for the recent software and stability issues on the S22... as this can happen during early release and can be sorted. The same as this occurred a year ago and most S21 users now are very happy. 

HOWEVER, what I can't forgive is the delivery promise, and then the failure to deliver... 

When I read this forum daily, it is completely inexcusable. I hope Samsung take feedback seriously and they should be looking into this with high priority. 

I understand the world's supply and demand issues and shortages. This world is suffering across many different electronics chips within products ... PS5s... XBOXs... graphics cards... and more recently the Steam Deck release. 

But the difference in these examples are that the consumer would NOT have paid a full cost price beforehand... to then be let down badly with promises. 

It is still very hard to get a PS5 due to scalpers even a year later... but the customer wouldn't be expected to pay upfront... and only have to part money when one is available. 

Similarly for PC components and graphics cards being swamped for mining and scalping... again there are no costs upfront until you get a confirmed sale.

This situation is a big let down on Samsung, and I would not be surprised if Samsung lose a load of customers through these supply issues. 

Personally I would be really upset to be let down... especially with having paid a LOT of money upfront... thankfully I didn't join in this time around for the S22 ! 

With this rubbish situation, I hope Samsung look at new ideas for the future. 

For example, with steam deck preordering system... the customer ONLY pay a small holding deposit for a place in a queue for a steam deck, and then on a first come first serve basis... they are fulfilled. ONLY if the customer wants to buy, they then pay the full costs... and the hardware is all ready for shipping. I have been delayed twice for my steam deck... but I am not that bothered as they don't hold a large amount of my money !! If I get bored waiting I will just cancel. 

Enough said... Samsung sort out these issues. 
Even Samsung fanboy types like me... could well consider this experience as a showstopper for the next generation of upgrade. 

I am very sorry to see all those that have been let down during this situation.

Kind regards Smiley. 
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
7 REPLIES 7
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
I understand the frustration. As you say it's like that for a lot products at the moment hence I ordered mine with minutes of it appearing in the Samsung store.

One thing I think Samsung should be doing is only taking payment just before despatch. A lot of companies work like this. At worst a deposit refundable if Samsung cannot fulfil the order in an agreed timescale.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My thoughts are the same as yours really.
Obviously seems to be some sort of manufacturing issue. Though why not explain that to your customers instead of saying that they cannot discuss details of your order.
I'm waiting for a exclusive colour and they just leave you hanging.
Not even the curtesy to say sorry that your delivery is delayed.
Got nothing.
Think with the lack of proper competition in the market with the likes of Huawei out of the picture. They've allowed things to lapse without the consequences
evohicks
Navigator
Options

I'm not sure what they do in other countries but in the UK you pay up front for the device then wait for it to arrive, with your money in their account for this time!

In the US and probably a lot of other places your card is charged close to dispatch so that you know roughly when your item is going to be arriving.

A lot of people, including myself, have forked out the crazy amount of money up front for the S22 Ultra (and other S models) and have no clue as to when they will be arriving as their arrival date has come and gone and Samsung support are giving out false information to get past the backlog of complaints.

We knew the exclusive colours would take longer to assemble and ship and as we understood we were given a 4 week time frame which came and went. 

Samsung need to let people know the score and when their phones are arriving as there are a lot of p****d off repeat Samsung customers out there!

Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Yep, the reason I didn't buy one of the exclusive colours. I did like some of them but here in the UK I knew the S22 ultra would sell like hot cakes. Main reason was the combination of Note users and S users fighting for the same phone. Luckily mine came the Monday before the Friday release date so Samsung over achieved.
evohicks
Navigator
Options
Samsungs logo "Do What You Can't"
But we can't because we have nothing to do it on🤣🤣🤣
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

I'm fairly sure Samsung used to only charge a week or so before scheduled dispatch but plenty of people on here would pay a year in advance because Samsung is so great. Customers ought to feel priviledged when they recieve a Samsung phone...

Or alternatively, given the exponential number of complaints on the forum this year, people ought to spend their money elsewhere in future and tell Samsung to shove their buggy half-baked devices. Samsung will never listen unless a loss of profits is involved (or regulatory action)... until people vote with their money, complaining on here is just like p***** against the wind.

HaydenTTG2025
Pioneer
Options
Literally just went into customising last night. It's been 6 days since it was supposed to arrive. All the lies I was told in the customer services aswell. Just crazy 🤦🏻