Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion to Samsung Sales team in China

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 04:03 AM)
Rafal Marc
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung,

If you wonder why your sales in China are very very LOW - the answer is here. 

Every Samsung shop I visited, all the phones have 3-navigation buttons setup by default. Other Chinese brands default setting is GESTURES. People are testing Samsung phones and are laughing about 3-navigation buttons which feel like very outdated. 

How on earth that someone in Samsung headquarter think the default 3-navigation button is a good idea????? 

I know that can be easily changed to gestures, but average user won't do that!! Average user will test the phone for 10 seconds and decide buy or not.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate your viewpoint on this @Rafal Marc however the default set up on Samsung phone's and as far as I've seen on other manufacturers models has been the navigation buttons as I assume that's the preference of more users.

I used the navigation button set up for years and then by chance tried the gestures option and haven't looked back.

This is the Samsung Community Forum for eu users so your thread wouldn't be seen by that regions Samsung Support Team unless you would like this thread to be moved to those boards.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rafal Marc
Apprentice
Options

In China all manufacturers use gestures as a default and more modern solution. Only Samsung lives in the past, and it is visible in their Sales.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I submit owners in different regions may have different preferences when it comes to settings and preferences @Rafal Marc  👍

For example here in the UK many still prefer the navigation button at the bottom of the phone.

People who I cone across here tend to have the navigation buttons r the bottom instead of using the gestures option. People are comfortable with what they know and that's fine.

I'm not sure what sales Samsung achieve in China, however I'm pretty sure they earn a healthy profit in most regions.

Most people nowadays are more tech savvy when it comes to phone  settings, and or visit Tech Sites or forums like these for support.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
My Nokia came with gestures enabled so I'm glad I learnt to use them with my Tab A7. They have a point that other manufacturers are moving away from the button navigation bar now. I'm in the UK too so it's not a China specific development. The issue with screen burn in that the upgrade program users always get fobbed off with could also be drastically reduced by ditching the buttons by default. OLED suffer burn in very easily so having those buttons enabled all the time is going to cause it. What mine does have is the Google equivalent of Bixby which is equally annoying 🤣
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't understand your point? You can turn it on and off, its a preference

I don't think you speak for everyone in China or believe they are not buying Samsung phones cose of navigation setting
0 Likes