Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suffering from poor quality phone service? Is Samsung able to recify what looks like hardware design issues with the S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 11:21 AM)
Harrymartinson
Journeyman
Options

Having changed networks to rectify what I thought were simple phone network connectivity issues, it now appear to be a hardware "Design" issue with the phone. I do not live in a city, but have never had such poor phone call quality, ever, and I had a mobile in my car in the 1980s.

Has anyone got an answer to this issue, and is it as big a problem for many other people?

Martin.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A common cause sometimes is phone cases.
If you use one, does the signal quality improve removing it?
Maybe also try having your network provider push network settings to your phone.
Do you have an upto date sim card?
Harrymartinson
Journeyman
Options

Hi Glenntech,

Yes to having tried all suggestions. The big concern is that the physical design of the S22 doesnt work withour perfect signal....Got rid of 3 before moving to EE, and then tried Apple and S8 Galaxy with the Sim...less than 8 weeks old. Both other phones had clear calls and signal where my S22 didnt.

Also just had someone round with an S22 Ultra as well, all the same issues with his brand new phone and the signal was fine on his old phone froma  month before.

Think I have a case that Samsung need to answer 😉

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I used to have an S22 Ultra and never had the problems with the signal quality you appear to have and I'm also with EE and used the Samsung leather case.

I take it your in a strong EE signal area and the phone signal quality of the person you rang was good?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can only speak for the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra I've had since Launch day which I've had zero issues with @Harrymartinson 

I use o2 and Vodafone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Harrymartinson
Journeyman
Options
Hey Stuart, the EE phone signal is fine on iPhone 11 and S20.....signal of 1 bar to nothing on S22
Harrymartinson
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the input but the more I uncover, the more there seem to be issues on the quality of hardware while away from city centres when it works fine. As I say, other hardware is fine with the signal but S22 has issues and it is more than just my phone on EE, given a friend turned up and got no signal either.
Andrew2735
Pioneer
Options
I get two bars of signal and 4G+ where i live.
But when i go other places i get 4 bars signal and 5G.
Harrymartinson
Journeyman
Options
Yep...its the zero to one at home....3 bars for other phones on my SIM...including partners S20...so worried I'm going to have to argue my case.
SteveDepooter
Journeyman
Options

Hi , please keep us updated , because many on this site says it isnt a problem of ultra s22 but i see more and more people struggling with bad mobile data connection . i have the same issues 

also tried the solution without using smart with , even another operator , the problem is better but not what you expect from s22 ultra , the s21 ultra was much better then this one . 

so hopefully samsung comes with a update to solve this , but i think they rather concentrate on launch s23