Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Lagging/Audio Not in Sync for Videos

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 10:20 AM)
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options

Ok, so I've been noticing this recently and it's becoming more obvious. When I play YouTube videos or any videos on my S22 Ultra the audio is always a little late or further ahead than the person that's speaking on the video. It's much worse on my Galaxy Buds pro. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm on the newest update with the ability to disable the game optimization service.
Just for an update
This issue no longer happens to me. Its been patched from what I know.
345 REPLIES 345
Nadman1
Apprentice
Options
I'm not sure, I'm in the UK so I assume it's the exynos chip.
Liam1997
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the exact same issue since the update, it's really annoying and not the first problem I've had with the phone. Expected a lot better from Samsung.

Solution
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

I have received acknowledgement of the problem and workaround from Samsung Members app. (I haven't tried it yet)

I received reply in a message poorly translated to Danish.

Here it is Google Translated back :winking-face:

-----

Problem Cause: After the audio was played over bluetooth, there was the problem that the size of the written data was updated incorrectly. Due to an incorrect size, the audio and video synchronization on the speaker was incorrect. Problem Countermeasure: We change the total size of written data to update normally, and the a / v synchronization problem will be fixed on Next MR. Until the next MR, we can solve it indirectly with the steps below. Whatever social media app it is, registering one app for bluetooth is enough to solve the problem. Settings -> sound and vibration -> Separate app sound -> turn on now-> app: Youtube audio device: bluetooth device. And restart the device.

Members_6XGv4Zo
First Poster
Options

Samsung fix this *****.

The sound on my phone with and without aren't sync with videos.

FIX FIX FIX

Burhan07
Explorer
Options

I think it's the exynos indeed. You think the snapdragon versions have the same problem?

Burhan07
Explorer
Options

Yeah, me too. I mean i like the phone, but stuff like this makes me scrath my head.... 

0 Likes
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

There is a fix already.

A temporary fix now, and a permanent fix coming in next update.

See my post just above your post. 

Lacloake
Student
Options

Tried that and it works, many thanks! 

0 Likes
deathpunch87
Journeyman
Options

So I noticed it today on YouTube then I went to snapchat made a video of me talking it was 2 to 3 seconds out and same again on the samsung camera it's horrific for a phone I paid over 1300 for 

0 Likes
Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
It's a common bug from the latest update, Samsung are unwilling to acknowledge it so far but the more people raise the issue the more likely we are to see a fix.

I've had to resort to keeping my Bluetooth switched off and so far that has stopped the bug occurring.

Wish we could go back an update as I never thought the GOS 'issue' was a big deal.

Maybe it's Samsung punishing it's customers for complaining and making them look bad? Lol