Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Manager more options for making Data from SIM1 available to SIM2 for wifi calling registration (and vice versa)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2022 07:04 PM)
prince7273
Apprentice
Options

I have a US unlocked S22 Ultra and I use two sim cards. One sim is in esim format. Even I have some roaming data I don't want to use data on one of my sim but I want to make available my primary data/sim to the second sim so the roaming provider can register the wifi calling. 

At the moment I don't see any option. There is a similar feature to EU samsung phones as Auto data switching but it is not exactly what I am describing now.

Basically is there a way to make available the primary sim data to the second sim so the second provider to register the wifi calling using the data on the primary sim? If there is no this function would be possible Samsung to implement it? 

8 REPLIES 8
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're asking what you're describing is how auto data switching works
0 Likes
prince7273
Apprentice
Options

Similar. First of all the Auto data switching is not available in the sim manager of the US models. Secondly the Auto does it assuming you have roaming on the second provider and gets data. What I am asking is to see the second provider (i.e Roaming provider) to register  the wifi calling using the data of the primary provider?

For example. I have a Freedom Mobile from Canada (no roaming) and a Mint mobile as my main provider in US. Both providers can register on wifi calling using any Wifi. Now the tricky part. I would like the data from Mint mobile to be available on Freedom Mobile so Freedom Mobile can be registered on wifi calling. 

I hope you understood the example. 

0 Likes
Members_zk6Hfcl
First Poster
Options

Yes. Figured it out today and it works. In the sim card manager setting enable automaticly switch data and make sure U have WiFi calling option turned on

SmartSelect_20220813-171748_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes
prince7273
Apprentice
Options

Can you elaborate more? Do you have wifi calling enabled? Is there any icon that the wifi calling is enabled? If you are outside (no wifi), will you see the wifi calling icon for the provider that does not use data

0 Likes
prince7273
Apprentice
Options

Is there any update on this problem? The new Iphone supports this. There is an indicator that clearly say that Wifi calling using cellular data 

Is samsung planing to add the feature on a future release

0 Likes
Members_2LASeym
First Poster
Options

Apparently both sims need to have wifi calling which makes NO sense. I don't have wifi calling on my data sim. But it won't use data to sim2 which has wifi calling enabled. The only way Samsung allows is to have both lines with wifi calling. Absolutely absurd 

0 Likes
prince7273
Apprentice
Options

Is there any progress on this future on the US models? Data from main sim to be available to the secondary sim in order the second sim to use the wifi calling. Google calls this "backup calling"

0 Likes
CipSys
First Poster
Options

It is possible. I have a simcard from my main country. And I bought new sim card when I m abroad. I can use wifi call. Phone uses second data when phone didnt connect to wifi. You can see the options under the "wifi calling" menü (which one is first wifi or mobile data)

But Thats a small trick. Phone is not uses mobiledata for a wifi call when simcard connected any operator (1st simcard generally connected when you are abroad. For example vodafone Italy uses Vodafone Germany) You must change to operator sellection to manuel. and you must choose operator manually for a second sim card. First sim card will be empty. And now you can use :smiling-face:

0 Likes