Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Manager always opens upon restart

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 02:09 PM)
grsbanks
Explorer
Options

User of a UK (Exynos) unlocked/unbranded S22 Ultra 12G/256G here.

Whenever the phone restarts, the SIM Card Manager shows, informing me that the phone will be disconnected from the network while it reads SIM cards. While I can understand it having to do this when a SIM is initially installed or if you change SIMs at some point, I don't get why it should have to do this every time the phone boots.

I saw a topic on the S20 series board where someone solved the problem by putting their SIM in the other tray, rebooting, putting it back in the original tray and rebooting again. I obviously can't do that because I don't have a physical SIM but an eSIM.

Any ideas? A forced restart (pressing and holding the side button and Vol- for 7 seconds) hasn't helped.

11 REPLIES 11
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition of the phone and that may resolve the issue. Just search 'how to wipe cache partition S22 Ultra' and you should find what you are looking for 😀. Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately I can't try and recreate this as I prefer to use a physical sim card @grsbanks 

Do you have a physical sim in the phone as well as the esim activated ?

As far as I'm aware this shouldn't happen when the phone is rebooted or turned Off and On.

You may need to have a word with your network to ensure all is OK at their end or even as a last resort look at the esim activation again.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone too. 

You can also send feedback via your Samsung Members App and they'll look at this for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine used to do that but hasn't don't that for a while

I know you prob done this, still need to ask that you have the latest firmware
0 Likes
grsbanks
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the pointers, everyone.

The phone refuses to go into recovery mode and just boots normally every time, so clearing the cache partition isn't an option.

The latest firmware is indeed installed.

My network operator is clueless (as most are). Their policy is to flat out deny anything their end can be wrong. They've had people send in their phones for repair when the mast is down before now.

Looks like I'll just have to live with it.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @grsbanks 

When attempting to put the phone into Recovery Mode are you also either  1 > inserting the earphones or 2 > hooking upto a computer / laptop too so that the phone goes into Recovery Mode to clear the System File Cache Partition Files ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
grsbanks
Explorer
Options

Ahh... Connecting the phone to a computer was the missing link. Thanks. I was able to boot into recovery mode and wiped the cache partition.

However, it had no effect. The phone is still loading the SIM card manager when it starts and waiting for confirmation before proceeding.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I know you only use esim but could you also put a sim card any you can find and see if it will behave better. As @BandOfBrothers already mentioned this shouldn't be happening. Maybe redoing esim would help. Network provider should be able to help with that 

0 Likes
Aviator50
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same problem. No solution so far
0 Likes
AntennaJobs
Explorer
Options

I have same problem on EU version of Samsung Galaxy A54 Dual SIM. Firs card is SIM card, second is eSIM. When I turn off eSIM, problem dissapiers, but when turn on eSIM again, problem is the same.

Any solution for this?

0 Likes