Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Engine Updates

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 10:53 PM)
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Just a quickie. Does the security engine in Device Care app get updated automatically or is it something we need to do manually?

Rob
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Automatically 

Midge123
Voyager
Options
I do mine manually as it never looks as if update itself when I do it this way it does update to the security
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I have to agree with you there. Whenever I do it manually 8 out of ten times it updates. Very rarely does it say the engine is at the latest version. Could be just coincidence though.
JT_Angel
Student
Options

I concur with the others, while I do believe it does automatically update every so often, I have repeatedly found many times that when I attempt to manually update it will do so. So while it may technically happen automatically eventually, I always try and remember to press it manually once a week - normally same time I do my device restart each week. 

JT_Angel
Student
Options

What I would actually like to figure out once and for all though: What exactly is the Security Engine exactly?? Anyone have an answer by any chance  ..?

0 Likes
Qanon
Apprentice
Options
S23 ultra, when I try and update mine manually it's saying no connection, I'm doing it through mobile data with a good connection, it just wound update
0 Likes