Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen turns off when I call

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 09:11 PM)
echoisland1
Apprentice
Options
Is anyone else having this issue when they make a phone call the screen goes black or to sleep on s22 ultra. Anyone got a solution on how to fix this? Thanks
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

What do you mean?

The screen is meant to go black after a period of not use to save battery. 

echoisland1
Apprentice
Options
Of course it does but the second I make call it goes fully black instantly everytime
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
You could try this.

Adjust the screen time even to 10 mins before black out Screenshot_20220906_144526_176910_1662471926.jpg
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Try this adjust screen time up to 10 mins before turning offScreenshot_20220906_144526_176910_1662471926.jpg
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Your proximity sensor is dirty. It thinks your phone is by you ear
0 Likes
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

Tips to fix-

Remove any accessories.
Third-party protective films, cases, stickers, or glass screen protectors may block the sensor and should be removed. It is recommended to use Samsung-approved accessories only.

Restart the phone.
Once you’re off the call, restart the phone by swiping down from the top of the phone with two fingers to open Quick settings. Tap the Power icon. Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again.

Check Double tap to turn on screen motion gesture setting.
If the screen doesn’t turn on during or after calls, turn off Double tap to turn on screen feature.

Open Settings and then tap Advanced features.
Tap Motions and gestures.
Tap the switch next to Double tap to turn on screen to turn it off.
Clean the sensor with a soft cloth.
The proximity sensor is located at the top of the phone, although the exact position will vary by model.

Clean the front of the device with a clean, soft cloth.

Check for a software update.
Samsung frequently releases software updates that will improve the performance and function of your phone.

Navigate to and open Settings, and then swipe to and tap System Updates or Software update depending on your phone.
Tap Check for system updates or Download and install to check for available updates.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
Dawg2
First Poster
Options

Yes, Samsung has no fix. That's hard to believe but true!

0 Likes
Sarah_J_N
First Poster
Options

I use my phone for work, using earbuds and am not holding the phone. I will make the call and in 2-3 seconds the screen goes dark and I can tap the hell out of the screen to get it to come back up. Not great when needing to push the keypad for options or extensions, or for wanting to hang up.

So, there is no fix from Samsung? What now?

Dave D
First Poster
Options

Most irritating that the screen goes blank just before most automated systems ask for keypad responses. Just leave the ***** screen on. At least give us the option to do so. I hate that about this phone.

0 Likes