Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 12:13 PM)
DaveB86
Journeyman
Options
Is anyone else having trouble getting Samsung Wallet to setup? When I open the app I get all the info about 'do more with your phone' etc. press continue and I'm immediately hit with 'Connection error Try again later.' I've had the phone just over a month now but its been doing this since day 1.

Has anyone else had this or have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks in advance👍

20 REPLIES 20
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options
Did you get any positive updates from Samsung yesterday?
DaveB86
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately not. The call that I said would be welcome anytime simply didn't happen... I'm escalating today to find out why and for an update. I'll update again later this evening 😕
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options
Nightmare! I've also run into an issue with Android Auto not working on this device 😐
DaveB86
Journeyman
Options
That's funny, I've just upgraded my head unit and I've had a few issues but put it down to me not being familiar with the new controls. I'll try it on the other halfs car and let you know 👍
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options
I changed my cable and then it worked, very strange as it would charge my phone OK and was the cable I used on my S20 🤦🏼
DaveB86
Journeyman
Options
So, several days have passed. I didn't get the second call back appointment that Samsung setup and when I contacted them by phone they wouldn't even acknowledge it saying that my issue has been passed to the next tier of technical support. I've had two emails from them so far; the first stating that it may be that my phone is not meant to be in the UK, I explained to them that the first advisor checked this using my IMEI and confirmed my phone was built in the UK - great to see they read their case notes 😐; the second message said that I need to ring the Samsung Pay team, I've emailed them back to let them know that I've already tried that - this was also in the case notes - and that the Pay team told me I would have to wait for these supposed gurus...
Looks like no-one knows what's going on but I'll keep pushing and keep updating here.
DaveB86
Journeyman
Options
I've heard that not all phone cables are created equally and that some will only charge, but the only people I know to experience this are iphone users, I've never heard of it with a type-C. Glad to know it's sorted 👍
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options
It's a shambles, luckily I've got Samsung Pay on my watch but still it's not great support from Samsung. I might try myself next week.
DaveB86
Journeyman
Options
My last update. Everything's sorted now after a fair bit of toing and froing.

Much to my annoyance, it turns out my device was NOT a UK model - its Hungarian, and as a result the necessary hardware for Wallet to work isn't there. I was rather annoyed at that revelation because I'd given my IMEI several times for Samsung to check and I'd been told it was fine, it was their Technical Team who eventually contacted me by email that cleared it up. So with that I went back to where I purchased my phone... I'm not sure if I can say who, but they're named after the world's most famous rainforest. I'd had the phone for nearly 2 months by this point so I wasn't expecting any help but after I explained to them that it had taken this long to get an answer from Samsung and that the listing was misleading they agreed to a return and a full refund - shockingly good customer service I think, in all honesty I was bracing for a court case.
I still have an S22 Ultra - thank you very much Uswitch, Three and Samsung Holiday Cashback for getting me a flagship model for less than the current Google leading model or an iPhone14 😁

I hope this has been helpful and if you're having problems getting Wallet to work, make sure you verify the model is correct for your country - triple check.
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options
Good to hear your sorted, I was getting around to posting my updated. I logged my issue in the end via the Error Support option in the members app told them it was Samsung Pay app issue sent them my phones logs and they came back to say my phone was destined for Portugal! So now I'm waiting for a phone swap hopefully to a UK model!
0 Likes