Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung temporarily disabled this device

(Topic created on: 17-10-2022 09:34 PM)
dakodamccoy
Apprentice
Options

I just ordered a S22 Ultra through the Samsung store on Wednesday using the Samsung financing option with a trade-in. The phone was delivered on Friday. In the middle of turning it on and signing into my accounts, it suddenly locked with the following message:

"Samsung temporarily disabled this device
because it was reported as lost in transit
or there is an outstanding balance due for
failure to meet trade-in terms."

When I visit the My Orders page on samsung.com, it shows my phone as still in transit, even though Fedex shows delivered and I have the proof of delivery. My trade in label hadn't even been created yet. I talked to several Samsung agents on Friday who gave me conflicting information and didn't know who could help me. Eventually I found someone who said they would escalate my ticket, but I have not heard anything since.

Has anyone else experienced this? I even paid an extra $20 to get it before the weekend, but I ended up with a $1200 brick instead.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is another post on here where someone had similar issue. A mod responded with where to contact

Search for post from @PaulM1
0 Likes
dakodamccoy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I did contact the support team provided in those links and so far it's been almost three days without a resolution. I was just desperately searching for another solution on here!

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, maybe other may be able to help
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
If your from the USA your better off posting your post on there community forum as this is the UK forum, you may get some more relevant advice.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us