Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Support Centres (UK) - Is this normal?

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 06:01 PM)
Sahiera
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Can anyone shed any light on this for me I am truly at my wit's end getting the run around with several Samsung departments? 

My phone locked me out so after a couple of hours of being passed about by Technical, Sales, Parts, and sales support I was told to take my phone to a Support Centre which I did. Now, they apparently cannot locate my phone, so this is going into my 4th week with no device. It would appear that the Support Centres are not Samsung but are franchises and each takes nothing to do with the other. As I got the phone thru Samsung finance am I expected to still make a payment or should I say another payment? Has anyone had an experience like mine and how did you resolve it?

Sahiera 

12 REPLIES 12
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Definitely don't stop payments as this could affect your credit rating. It's a third party finance company that your finance is with.
Your going to have to contact Samsung Customer Support and tell them the Support centre has lost your phone.
Give them as many details. Who you went to, what date and approximate time. If you have a case number as well.
You will have to explain the situation if they don't already have it on record.
This is a really unfortunate situation and I hope you can get it fixed soon
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sahiera 

Can you clarify as you say " locked "  and not lost your phone ?

So if your locked out Have you looked at options such as  https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/how-to-unlock-the-galaxy-device-when-you-forgot-th... And there is the method in find my mobile find-my-mobile. 

As suggested by @Glenntech please don't stop payments as this could be reported as a default casuing possible difficulties with your Credit File.

When i was locked out when trying to factory reset i visited a Samsung Experience Store who had the software to unlock it for me.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If a service centre has lost your phone they owe you a replacement as they are responsible for it whilst they have it. I am presuming you kept the receipt they gave you when they accepted your phone
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Since the phone is under finance the finance company has a vested interest in the phone I suggest phone them and explaining the problem to them and quote the consumer act
Sahiera
Journeyman
Options

Week 6:

Just an update for everyone who took the time to respond to the post from 2 weeks ago. Nothing has changed, not a thing but I must have by now spoken to everyone within Samsung UK.

However, I am now convinced they are all robots.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Good afternoon, @Sahiera. I've just come across this thread and would like to look into this. Please send me a DM, so I can take a look at your account. 

0 Likes
Sahiera
Journeyman
Options

Hi, @CarlH  Thank you, I am not sure what anyone can do as so many people have allegedly looked into my dilemma. But you are welcome to try.

0 Likes
Sahiera
Journeyman
Options

Hey @CarlH the link you have supplied doesn't work for me and I am not sure how to send a DM from my laptop.

0 Likes
Sahiera
Journeyman
Options
Apparently, still paying for my phone is ro my detriment as it signifies I still want the device even after all this time of being lied to. 🙃
0 Likes