Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 will not work with android auto.

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 05:40 AM)
malmck
Student
Options

Android auto not working using S22 phone in 2016 BMW but google phone and iphone work. is this ongoing issue to be fixxed ?

14 REPLIES 14
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @malmck. Check out this handy guide that should help out: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-am-having-difficulty-connecting-to-or-using-andr...

Welcome to the Community!

Quadrophen
Student
Options

Very same issue s22 and g20 bmw stopped working on march 1st.

0 Likes
Quadrophen
Student
Options

It doesn't help.

0 Likes
malmck
Student
Options

Hi Danny 

The S22 is 3 weeks old the cable to my vehicle charges and will carry out data transfer no problems. Android auto works fine on the wifes google pixel 4a and my daughters iphone 11.

But on this samsung S22 It will hook up straight away with cable and wirlessley but no internet access.

I have tried many times but always same issue. I even updated Android to 9.06 but still get no wifi conection.

0 Likes
Alan-G
Apprentice
Options
Had a loan car, skoda fabia brand new, S22 won't work on that either. This is a Samsung issue, why won't they fix it?
CarlH
Options

Hi @Alan-G. We have confirmed that some Volkswagen, SKODA and SEAT vehicles are not connecting to some phones via Android Auto. A car kit software update is being prepared by the aforementioned car manufacturer's and as such, we recommend contacting SKODA directly. 

0 Likes
Alan-G
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your quick reply, Carl. I'll no haud ma braith waiting for that then!
0 Likes
Evo1962
First Poster
Options
Samsung s22 connects to android auto but keeps disconnecting whilst driving and using Google maps rendering it useless. Never ever had a problem with my old S10. Wish I never upgraded
0 Likes
Members_eeXsrlk
First Poster
Options

I've done exactly the same. It's painful trying to use it!

0 Likes