Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22+ Update issues

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 07:25 AM)
Andrijan
First Poster
Options

Hi,

So I have a Samsung S22+, EUX CSC. I purchased it directly from Samsung in Germany. I am yet to receive the update with the September 1 security patches even though I have heard it has been out for days now.

Is this because I am currently traveling and outside of Germany? Also, does my Samsung account I am logged into have to be based in Germany as well?

Another question is about the OneUI 5.0 Beta. I have been checking in the Samsung Members app for weeks and there is nothing there, no notifications at all. Why is this?

With this selectivity that Samsung does on updates and beta programs, it will be very bad for them. They should learn from Apple, they make their updates available to each and every phone in the world at the same time as well as their beta programs. I am very close to abandoning Samsung and going with Apple phones because of these things.

Samsung S22+
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Samsung had released the September security patch for S22 and S22+. The update was pulled, possibly due to bugs in the update. You should get it in a few days.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s22-september-2022-security-update-usa-more-countries/

0 Likes
Andrijan
First Poster
Options

Thank you @Neo001  for that update. I was not aware of that. So it has been pulled for Europe?

Do you know how I can get the OneUI 5 Beta?

Samsung S22+
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi Andrijan, what I hear is that the beta has reached its max limit. So even if you have registered, you might not get it.

If the internet is correct, we should have the official One UI 5.0 by Oct end/early November (there is no official release date announced by Samsung though).

0 Likes
Andrijan
First Poster
Options

@Neo001  It may have reached the max limit by now but what I'm trying to figure out is why I never had the ability to register, there is simply nothing in Samsung Members, only a banner for doing diagnostics on the phone. No notifications or anything ever.

Samsung S22+
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Not sure about that. May be one of the moderators can provide an answer.

0 Likes
umlguy
First Poster
Options

My S22+ (SM-S906U from AT&T) has not received an update since the September 1, 2022 security update, yet my wife who has the regular S22, also from AT&T, has gotten the October 1, 2022 update and has already gotten the Android 13/UI-5 update.  I am a software developer and know what I'm doing ... most of the time ... but I can't figure out what is going on here.

0 Likes