Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s22 ultra slow

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 07:03 PM)
sarbear
Journeyman
Options
Hi, received my Samsung S 22 ultra on Friday. It seems to be running slow. Is anyone else having this problem? 
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is it apps or the Ui that's running slow @sarbear  ?

Did you use Samsung Smartswitch to move your information across from your previous phone to your new phone ?

If you go into Safe Mode does that improve things ?

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Like other people said. They will give updates and bugs fixed will be solved. It is a new device so it takes time for the apps and developers to update
sarbear
Journeyman
Options
Hi, it seems to be be most things I try to open, from apps to text messages. Yes I used the smartwatch. Dot know what safe mode is.
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Mine is fine, no slow down and if anything, faster than my S21U. I've not used SmartSwitch though as I prefer starting fresh once a year. I'd say probably worth doing a factory reset and not using SmartSwitch to see if the phone runs fine out of the box. Add apps slowly while monitoring its performance, and see if one specific app causes the slowdown. You could also try Samsung Good Guardian apps, one of them specifically helps "optimising" apps after an update.
0 Likes
GreenJacket
Apprentice
Options

My S22 Ultra is much slower than my S21 Ultra.

Scrolling Twitter is jittery, lots of flag when switching between Apps

The camera takes about twice as long to open.

Pretty rubbish really.

I did use the SmartSwitch, although it failed every time when I used the cable and only worked wirelessly.

Hopefully everything will be fixed in an update, or I'll have to scrub it and start from scratch.

sarbear
Journeyman
Options
Go to developer options and change all 3 to the top one. That has made mine a little betterScreenshot_20220305-202605_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220305-202557_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
GoneSkiing
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue. However, i turned of the adaptive refresh rate and set it to standard 60. The s22 ultra is much faster now. 

0 Likes
XboxMik29
Explorer
Options

Agreed but I've been waiting over a year for this phone to get good. I wish I'd kept my S20+ now, Samsung cutting the memory down to 8gb from 12gb is the issue here and anyone that know computers knows that Virtual Memory is no substitute from actual physical memory

0 Likes
XboxMik29
Explorer
Options

I'm having the same issue. If Samsung cut the memory down on the next Galaxy to save money I'm off to another phone company. 

0 Likes