Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 ultra Refurbished Check

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 01:42 PM)
Members_VP5v9eb
First Poster
Options

Hi to all I ordered an S22 ultra 512GB from Samsung online store. 

after the phone come I did a refurbishment check using the app "phone Info plus" and it says the :

It looks like is a refurbished one.

WARNING: manufacturing date does not match with the Serial Number.

I returned the phone to Samsung and they send me a new one that has the same thing.

The IMEI sent by Samsung by email matches the one in the box and the one in the phone.

If anyone can help me, how to check if the phone is refurbished or not ,is there another method??

i had been using  Samsung phones since Note 3. and I didn't had any problem of this kind.

this is the firs time i bought the Phone from Samsung online shop

12 REPLIES 12
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Can you truly trust that app database? I mean if Samsung has sent you a new one. Dialing *#06# should tell you right away without using 3rd party software.

Failing that get a samsung diagnostics report made.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate some of these apps are good to use @Members_VP5v9eb 

I use phoneINFO and CPU-Z for reference.

If your buying direct from Samsung then unless otherwise stated the phone is a new unused model.

A quick check with Samsung Customer Support in your region would confirm this if you give them the phone's serial and build number.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I think phone info app is incorrect. I've got the same result and there is no chance that my unit is refurbished. Contact app developer if you have a moment so that he can correct the issue.

Actually checking app reviews it sounds like the app didn't have an update for a long time. At that's not a good sign 

0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Check charge cycles, I seriously doubt Samsung are selling you refurbished devices without declaring it. Is the box sealed? Does the phone look used? How about the cable? I wouldn't trust the app, the chances of Samsung sending you 2 in a row is unlikely. What is the manufacture date? I am also pretty sure refurbished phones don't change the manufacture date, why would it?
0 Likes
Sumit1981
First Poster
Options

Facing a similar issue. Any replies ??

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, similarly, phone info app can't be relied upon to determine if latest Samsung devices are potentially refurbished 

0 Likes
Sajidulislam
Student
Options

Same here to me.. I'm very confused 😕

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What's confusing? There is no reliable way to determine if the latest Samsung phone is refurbished unit. And most likely it is not. And definitely not if basing such opinion on phone info app result 

0 Likes
Abdulqader jaffal
First Poster
Options

I have same phone and I have same problem 💔

0 Likes