Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra loosing WIFi connectivity have to keep cycling Flight Mode

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 09:39 PM)
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options

I replaced my Note 10 4 months ago with an S22 Ultra. I never had any trouble with the Note 10 but since I've had the S22 it keeps loosing WiFi or Network Connectivity or the connectivity I have hangs. It appears to happen whenever I move from one connectivity source to another: Either inside my house as I move between WiFi sources, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, the router or WiFi access points or move from the house to outside from 3g to 4g etc. If I'm out and about using a mobile network and move to a WiFi network, connectivity hangs. Any change is likely to result in "no service" or just a hang. I can fix the issue by turning on and off  flight mode  or forcing a change of WiFi Network.

My wife has a Samsung A50 - no issues.

My Samsung Note 10 - No issues on Vodafone or Sky.

Any Ideas? Is the only solution for sell my S22 and get an S23?

15 REPLIES 15
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Maybe the S22 is just a dud. Looked last night and Samsung will give me £610 in part exchange for an S23 ultra. Tempting, but if its a software issue it might be present on that as well. Always a hope that Samsung might issue a patch.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. After trying most of them I tried a hard reset - volume down and power button for 7 seconds. This does not wipe the phone or loose stored WiFi settings etc, but must do some sort of clear down or clear cache. Since I did this I've not had to cycle flight mode and Twitter has also been behaving for about 5 days. Should have done this before but there are so many ways of doing various reset, I must have forgotten about this one.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Since my original post I have been talking to my ISP on another matter (I've moved to Digital Voice) and they suggested I change my SSIDs in my house to a single one for all frequencies and access points. This will be less confusing when the phone or access points try to swap to the best channels and SSID- I currently have 4, 2 for the router and 2 for the mesh network. I'm awaiting a new repeater which will pair up with the router. I shall then do away with my 4 old mesh boxes. Maybe the S22 will handle this better. I've also found that my VPN client appears to get confused with some clients some apps so I'm experimenting with disabling that.
I think that it like when you take lots of different medication, they start interfering with each other.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I have decided that the S22 is not a dud. But it may get confused from time to time. By stirring things around and doing resets, it appears to have improved considerably. Or maybe, one of the recent updates have fixed it. Too many variables!!!!@
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
The Power Button + volume down reset appeared to solve most of my problems without resetting the phone back to factory settings.
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hello TonyVincent,

I am pleased you found a solution.

I concur with your comment on multi SSIDs.
I learned that lesson a while back when I attempted to set up a budge-up mesh network consisting of two separate WiFi range extenders with separate SSIDs. One for each range extender, and two for the main router dual frequencies.
All this, plus a VPN Client.

You can imagine the confusion that ensued.
Yes, as you said, the effect was similar to medication "relative contraindications."
Lessons learned 🫥 🤣.

Oh, as you have found a solution, you now have one less reason to grab that S23 you mentioned earlier. 😀
0 Likes